Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS about Direct Debit issue

Options
  • 25-09-2017 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Just received an SMS from 'eir Mobile' about there being an issue with my Direct Debit.

Just want to check if this is legit as nothing has changed on my end so there should be no reason for there to be any issue - unless the switch from Meteor to eir is causing billing issues for DD customers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Codpeas wrote: »
    Just received an SMS from 'eir Mobile' about there being an issue with my Direct Debit.

Just want to check if this is legit as nothing has changed on my end so there should be no reason for there to be any issue - unless the switch from Meteor to eir is causing billing issues for DD customers?
    Hi Codpeas,

Can you PM me your mobile number, PIN and full name so I can check on this for you please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Codpeas wrote: »
    Done.
    Thanks. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭Tow

If they just switch their name on direct debits they will be automatically blocked by all banks except AIB.
    To do it properly requires the old name be sent along with the new name, when it is first used.  They are also required to notify you of the change in the mandate.
    A bodge some companies use when changing name is to give customers new UMRs, along with the new name.  But this leaves the company exposed to refund requests.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement