Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan, Blackwater Park. Cyclocross 8th October

Options
  • 25-09-2017 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Sign on now open ladies and gentlemen :D

My Run Results are logging the timing and registration, sign on link below.

https://www.myrunresults.com/events/navan_road_club_cx_in_the_park/2418/details

XNOIextl.png

Happy to announce once again being kindly supported by Planet X Ireland.

Essence Coffee in attendance also.

Rathaldren Road,
    Navan
    Co Meath

Hope to see you all there. Beer Bear may be getting an upgrade to Version 1.1 :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Bump for this!

Entries filling up nice and steady now. Course running well, some new additions too!, plus it should be slightly muckier than before if that appeals!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Is there still space in the B race?

Is there still space in the B race?

As we speak yes :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Great event run brilliantly by NRC and a super course. Fully recommend. Registration was a bit painful though. Entering addresd twice etc.

detones wrote: »
    Great event run brilliantly by NRC and a super course. Fully recommend. Registration was a bit painful though. Entering addresd twice etc.

Did you? I didnt realise that, ill ask the timing guys can this be addressed. Im wondering is it a system once your registered the next time should be easier.

Thanks for the review, its good to hear as we are developing it all the time. The last couple of weeks have been incredibly hectic with it as we have added to the course.

See you Sunday, ill be the stressed one running around :cool:

• Advertisement

Some info to be aware of please.

Parking for CX races is now strictly at Aura Leisure Centre which is 300m from the Park entrance. Showers are available to riders.

There is strictly NO cycling on the football pitches. Please follow all signage and obey marshalls.

Please give way to all park users/walkers with due care and consideration.

Sign on is at 10.00am.

Coffee is available, with food provided for racers from 12.30 onwards.

Directions from parking to the park.

4dENtEz.jpg

Updated Course Map

uea62ts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I had my most enjoyable cross season last year, as in it was my second one and I had got to a point where I could race and not just ride around terrified of "interfering with play".

Out of all the races, I can honestly say that Navan was up there with the best of them. Ticked all the boxes really, except mud, always seemed to be bone dry.

Anyway, if you're thinking of giving cx a go or worried if the race is going to be as good as the FIXX series, don't give it a second thought. Sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Signed up last night. Looking forward to it. Club mates highly recommended it

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Do you need a racing licence for this or would a leisure license suffice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Bump for this!

Entries filling up nice and steady now. Course running well, some new additions too!, plus it should be slightly muckier than before if that appeals!

Hi,

Not to add too much to your on the day stress levels but will there be on the day registration, for the A race?
    I would like to go but don't know yet if I will be free.

thanks,
    Peter

edit - will try to sign up by the Friday deadline. thanks

• Advertisement

All signed up, looking forward to it now. The new course looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

is there sign on on the day? thanks

Sign on available in the morning. Thanks

Just back in from another days prep in the park. We have had a last minute course adjustment. Should add to it though!

See you all in the morning.

Remember, NO cycling on the pitches or grassed areas and Parking across from the park in Aura Leisure. Follow CX signage,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Class race this morning. Fair play to all n involved in organising.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Great race brilliantly run by Navan. Thanks to all involved. Very happy with my race in b's finished just outside top 20. One of the Vcb boys one it so delighted with that.

B start footage here from my rearview...

https://youtu.be/3TdvIKqU3rs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,832 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Was it true that Cash€€ prizes were given to the Male winners but not to the Female race winners? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Are the results posted anywhere???

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Great video ,
    is it mandatory to use 700c wheels ?

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Was it true that Cash€€ prizes were given to the Male winners but not to the Female race winners? :confused:

No. No Cash prizes only vouchers. Small amounts provided by our Sponsors on top of Trophies provided by Navan Road Club.

Are the results posted anywhere???

https://www.myrunresults.com/events/navan_road_club_cx_in_the_park/2418/details

They were up within an hour of the race.
    Looking at them it appears that no lapped riders are shown but I don't know for sure. Certainly there were lots more then 30 in the B race.

The way they are laid out is interesting too. The place you are in the race per lap is a nice touch although it makes for grim reading if you blow your lights :)

In the A race the top 3 riders were in a different race to the rest of us, Sean was in his own race and then the rest of us were in a race with Aidan nearly joining Sean's race near the end. Gotta love the mini races.

The softer ground and shorter lap this year were both improvements I thought.
    Well done to all in Navan Road Club on a good day out.

Personally speaking deciding to go out on a practice lap when the announcer said 10 minutes to the start of the race was a bit of an error, to say the least. Thankfully they saw me frantically approaching from the field and waited but starting from the very back with your heart rate through the roof from the "warm-up" was stupid on my part. Got into a rhythm (a regular repeated pattern of movement or sound sez google) and passed a few with one foolish overtaking attempt leaving me landing on my head, thankfully not impeding the other rider. From the lap times it only cost me 17 seconds. Lap times and the oul analysis are great.
    Once again, good race, the course was super in the damp, getting slightly slippier every lap meaning you had to adjust on the fly, or crash!
    Taking out the lap of the pitch has focussed a lot of riding into a punchy course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Excellent race and organisation, hoping the November race goes ahead.

Yeah the lapped riders' times are missing from the results, the first lapped rider in the A race would have finished at about 53 mins.

Thanks for the feedback Peter, we wondered would you make it to the start without unclipping! Your compatriots shouted at us to wait for you!

We were concerned when we were forced to remove the perimeter of the Pitch from our course 9 days before the race. This was the usual area of respite, now there isn't so much forcing a rider to self regulate efforts the whole lap. Lots of work was needed to add the loop in as you saw it hence it was a tad mucky. Hopefully over time the grass will grow and bind it back together.

All the categories seemed to have an upper echelon. Winners from the Ladies Race, B Race and A race all showed extreme class and speed. All races were great to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

Thanks to the organisers for another great race. The absence of the section for recovery around the pitch was painful, but seemed to suit me better than other. Also like the analysis on the result page so you can see your placing at the end of each lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Great race, the course suited me less than last year, I need those big grass sections to even out my lack of skill.

Great job by Navan to put on such an amazing race again, the atmosphere and support are second to none.

I wasn't in the best of form, but my better half managed to bring home a result from the women's race, so at least I got to pick what DVD we watched later on.

There was one incident involving a dog that soured the day for me. I won't mention details here, but if any of the organisers are interested in my account, please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

Great show considering the trouble Navan CC had in the run up to it from the council etc... Testing course as the day went on and absolutely NOWHERE to recover!!

Looking forward to the next one already...

Advertisement