Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank fees/costs around selling house with mortgage

Options
  • 25-09-2017 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi,

so considering a move, but I'm wondering what costs I can expect from the bank when I sell my house.

e.g. off the top of my head, a 30yr mortgage. 5 years into it. 200k initially, down to say 170k now. Standard variable rate. EBS.

If I sold it and paid off the mortgage, and ignoring solicitors and all the other fees, I'm wonder how much more than 170k would the mortgage cost me? Do banks change extra for paying off a standard-rate mortgage early?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

There should be no extra charges for paying the mortgage early with a variable rate mortgage. There may be small charges to get the deeds, and the original mortgage removed from the deeds. You can request a redemption figure from them and see exactly how much is owed.

Advertisement