Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to put savings accounts on Hold

Options
  • 25-09-2017 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if I can put regular savings accounts or mortgage savings accounts on hold for a few months. (If possible online as I'm abroad with a bad phone connection) 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hunter S wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if I can put regular savings accounts or mortgage savings accounts on hold for a few months. (If possible online as I'm abroad with a bad phone connection) 

Hi Hunter S,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here.

You can request to put the payments on hold through the "Ask a question" option in the drop down menu of the "Service Desk" tab on your 365 online home page. Once you send this off it can take up to 10 days for the request to be fully processed.

Please also keep in mind that the maximum span that you can place these payments on hold for without effecting the account in any way is 2 months.
    However through the "Ask a question" option you can also request to change the amount of the monthly Direct Debit and this would also take 10 days to be fully processed.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement