Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Repairs

Options
  • 25-09-2017 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Heya,

So basically my laptop has broken, the hard drive has stopped working so I'm looking to get it repaired. The place that I've dropped it in to has said that I need a new hard disk and for windows to be reloaded on to the laptop. The quote I got from them is €140 and I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me if that's a good quote for the work that needs to be done?

I'm a bit clueless with all this so I just want to be sure I'm not being ripped off before giving the go ahead to get the repairs done. The repairs are half the cost that the laptop was originally. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

A hard drive costs about 40 to 50 euros and then to reinstall windows is normally about 90 euros so all in all its about standard cost. You could try different places or try and source a hard drive yourself but then you would have to purchase windows anyway.

(these are prices that we charge here, could be different in other repair shops as they may have second hand hard drives or lower capacity ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

I have a Samsumg 2 in 1 laptop with a cracked screen. Been trying to get the screen replaced for 4 months or so to no avail. Repair shop can't seem to get part.

Have tried Samsung direct except their Irish repaired doesn't answer phone or reply to emails.

Anybody any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

source the screen online from ebay or aliexpress

you need to find the code for the laptop screen by googling the laptop model code

there is a uk seller but they don't want to send to Ireland out of all EU countries - probably had a few clusterfcuk experiences with an post

but they have a good vide on how to do it

you might find the screen code using their search also

Advertisement