Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deal vouchers

Options
  • 25-09-2017 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

i like to regularly go for a massage so I try to avail of any deal vouchers when the come up for locations that suit me, however i have recently noticed that when i book a massage using a voucher code that i don't always get the full time - is this because you are not paying full price they feel they dont have to give you the full treatment - has this happened anyone else or have I just been unlucky in my choice of recent places to purchases vouchers for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,023 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The vendor gets bugger all of the voucher cost and usually sees it as marketing - it wouldn't be unexpected at all. The voucher should specify how long you get

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

You should get the time specified on the deal voucher, otherwise it's false advertising on their part. It could well be that the voucher deal is for a shorter time than you'd get if paying the full price, which just means the voucher isn't really that good a deal. If no time is specified on the deal, then you probably shouldn't be buying it, as you've bought an unknown quantity. If it does have a specific time on it, and you're not getting that, then complain to them about it.

While it's true that these deal vouchers cost vendors a lot, it is an advertising and promotion strategy that they know will cost them money. They shouldn't be using it and then screwing the customer out of what they've bought. It's a loss-leader. The business knows there is a cost to it, but in the long run they get more repeat business at full-price from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

The length of time is quoted on them when Im buying them, well maybe not on the actual printed voucher (not sure about that!) but on the website - so €29 instead of €68 for a one hour full body massage - just the last 2 I got i didn't get the full hour. The last one was the worst, only got 45 mins and didn't even get full massage as she didn't even turn me over to do my front. I didn't realise the time until after she was gone and i got up to get dressed and checked my phone to see the time - wasn't going to run out after her then and call her back. I just wont be going back there again

• Registered Users Posts: 69,023 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If it states an hour and you don't get an hour, complain to the provider and to the voucher site.
    Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

The economy has recovered sufficiently to destroy the main market for providers for these sites. For something like massage, costs are rarely fixed as the staff are usually paid by the hour dependent on demand rather than salaried so there is still a reason to wonder why they are doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a massage last week and called the provider about paying them directly. It wasn't a problem for them.

Advertisement