Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Coffee Machines

• 25-09-2017 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Hello

Probably the millionth thread on this but.....

Looking at buying a present of a coffee machine. Now I don't even drink coffee so am pretty clueless :(

Was browsing online and saw the likes of the ESAM 4200 but Amazon also suggested some automatic machines (e.g. an ECAM22 with a few cheaper alternatives such as a Gaggia)

My question is would the automatic be better or, as per another thread I saw on here a machine that isn't "bean to cup"? If the latter would anyone have any suggestions? Budget is up to 500ish (maybe a bit higher if there's a fantastic machine available)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

'Fanny ****'? Asking about beans?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭The Gardener

Perhaps not quite the definitive answer but if the person that you're buying the machine for already has a good coffee grinder then you could afford to buy a decent espresso machine (not bean to cup). If they don't have a grinder then I would say get them a bean to cup machine, a little bit more expensive than a simple espresso machine but cheaper than a separate machine and grinder. I always used a separate grinder until recently when I purchased a Gaggia Brera, I have to say that I'm more than happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Thanks

Has a grinder already alright. Is there a non bean to cup machine you'd recommend? The grinder wasn't expensive tho so not a deal breaker to still go bean.to cup

Possibly an incredibly thick question but.......

When you say espresso machine will it also make, lattes etc too??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭The Gardener

I wouldn't know enough about the non bean to cup machines, but the Gaggia Classic and the Rancilio Silvia are two that seem to be popular amongst home coffee enthusiasts. And no, not a thick question, espresso is basically the base for your various types of coffee. Perhaps when all the coffee experts who normally populate this forum get back from wherever they're hiding you'll get better advice as to what machine to purchase!

Advertisement