Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoCar Free Sign up & €10 Credit

• 25-09-2017 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

Gocar.ie are offering Free signup

Free Sign Up
    Available 15th - 29th September

To get the €10 Enter Promocode: GOCARMAIL in the promocode section of your account when logged in.

https://my.gocar.ie/signup.php
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

1 car in Navan haha might be worth trying out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Hayden Pennyfeather

Cheers OP. Works for existing accounts also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Haithabu

Sharp wrote: »
    Gocar.ie are offering Free signup

Free Sign Up
    Available 15th - 29th September

To get the €10 Enter Promocode: GOCARMAIL in the promocode section of your account when logged in.

https://my.gocar.ie/signup.php

Great, I just signed up. Thanks for that.

So there is no annual or monthly fee at all ? If I don't use it I don't pay anything ?

Did you take out the extra insurance that brings excess down to zero for EUR 100 per year ? I am not afraid that I damage the car by driving but I remember once I had a rental car with no extra insurance and someone broke a window while I was hiking in Wicklow so I had to pay for that.

Also, since I don't hand it over to someone but just park it back at the base it's probably still my responsibility until the next person rents it.

Plus if there is a scratch or dent on it already and you drive without seeing/reporting it you are probably liable for that as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Won't let me put in the promo code at all, the page just sits there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,032 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Haithabu wrote: »

So there is no annual or monthly fee at all ? If I don't use it I don't pay anything ?

Did you take out the extra insurance that brings excess down to zero for EUR 100 per year ? I am not afraid that I damage the car by driving but I remember once I had a rental car with no extra insurance and someone broke a window while I was hiking in Wicklow so I had to pay for that.

Also, since I don't hand it over to someone but just park it back at the base it's probably still my responsibility until the next person rents it.

Plus if there is a scratch or dent on it already and you drive without seeing/reporting it you are probably liable for that as well.

you can take out the extra cover on a trip by trip basis, it's €2 per hour or so.

You can also get annual car hire excess cover for €50 here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Thargor wrote: »
    Won't let me put in the promo code at all, the page just sits there...

Did that for me when accessing it on a mobile but use a desktop to open the page. It ain't mobile friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

physioman wrote: »
    Did that for me when accessing it on a mobile but use a desktop to open the page. It ain't mobile friendly
    That did it thanks, hilarious how these offer websites are always broken in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭markc1184

Can I ask, is the promo code before or after it's asking for credit card details?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

loyatemu wrote: »
    Haithabu wrote: »

you can take out the extra cover on a trip by trip basis, it's €2 per hour or so.

You can also get annual car hire excess cover for €50 here
    Have you got excess cover with that company? I asked them and they said they didn't cover GoCar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

markc1184 wrote: »
    Can I ask, is the promo code before or after it's asking for credit card details?

After you enter your credit card details and have created an account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,032 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

redscan wrote: »
    Have you got excess cover with that company? I asked them and they said they didn't cover GoCar.

I don't currently have cover with them but I also asked them about GoCar and they said they did cover it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

My wife used GoCar for the first time last week, found it brilliant. If you've a station near your home or work it's very handy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement