Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrospective Vetting

Options
  • 25-09-2017 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I wonder can anyone help me please? I have been on the website www.teachingcouncil.ie but I can't for the life of me find where the vetting form is located. Would anyone mind sending me a link please? TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Somebody asked me (as a TC registered member) to 'certify' their identification documents. Obviously in a Garda station they would stamp these. Any idea what I should do? Given them a note stating that I saw the passport and know the person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Powerhouse wrote: »
    Somebody asked me (as a TC registered member) to 'certify' their identification documents. Obviously in a Garda station they would stamp these. Any idea what I should do? Given them a note stating that I saw the passport and know the person?

Yeah I say that's all you would have to do. 'True copy of the original' and you're Teaching Council number.

From the Teaching Council website:
    The certification should consist of an endorsement on the copy of the original document which states that
    an appropriate person from the list below has sighted the original document and believes the copy to be a
    true copy of that document. The following individuals can certify a document:
     A member of An Garda Síochána (Police) (signature, date stamp and number)
     A Solicitor / Commissioner for Oaths (signature, date and stamp /registration number)
     A Peace Commissioner (signature, date and name in block capitals)
     A registered teacher (signature, date and Irish Teaching Council registration number)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

you don't need to certify anything if you are already a member

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

TheDriver wrote: »
    you don't need to certify anything if you are already a member

A teacher is verifying another teacher's application?

I completed my vetting a few weeks ago - I had to get it certified by the Gardai.

• Advertisement
Advertisement