Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abroad & now 'sim card is locked'

Options
  • 25-09-2017 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭

I'm really freaking out. I'm in Italy and my phone stopped working this morning. Not only do I want to be contactable, but I'm using this device to take pictures for work, something I obviously can't do when I'm locked out of the phone. 
    I've run through my 3 chances (tried my phone code, 4 x 0, and my Customer Pin Number).
    Obviously, as I'm travelling, I can't consult the tiny package the new nano sim card came in. 
    Am I basically screwed until I get back home? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I'm really freaking out. I'm in Italy and my phone stopped working this morning. Not only do I want to be contactable, but I'm using this device to take pictures for work, something I obviously can't do when I'm locked out of the phone. 
    I've run through my 3 chances (tried my phone code, 4 x 0, and my Customer Pin Number).
    Obviously, as I'm travelling, I can't consult the tiny package the new nano sim card came in. 
    Am I basically screwed until I get back home? 
    Hi mrsdewinter,

Sorry to hear you've been locked out of your phone. I completely understand how stressful this may be especially since you're not currently in the country. If you PM me your mobile number, original PIN if you know it and your full name I'll check on this for you. If you don't have your original PIN there, can you just send me your number and full name in a PM? I'll have to go through some data protection questions with you in order to assist you if you don't have your PIN.

- Adam

Advertisement