Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tattoo's: Claire Byrne Live.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

This doesn't have much to do with anything but any excuse to post a Rory Gallagher song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

^ I prefer that version to the more famous live version from Live Tour '74. Nice and trippy.

Apparently, there is almost universal agreement in psychiatric research that there is a positive correlation between tattoos (and their increased quantity/ surface area/ visibility) and incidence of personality disorders and psychiatric illnesses.

I'm not judging anybody, nor am I saying 'if you have a tattoo you're mentally ill', but just throwing those findings into the debate.

There is also a positive correlation between criminal behaviour and tattoos, but that one is more complicated. It may be a result of underlying psychological pathology, or simply as a rite of passage in criminal culture; or some mixture of both.

http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/16/4/281#sec-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Most of the papers quoted in the above report are dated well before the currant popularity of tattooing manifested, before tats became the norm/fashionable rather than the unusual and antisocial.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

had a sausage roll for breakie

OldGoat wrote: »
    Most of the papers quoted in the above report are dated well before the currant popularity of tattooing manifested, before tats became the norm/fashionable rather than the unusual and antisocial.

True, but there are plenty of contemporary papers too.

The nature of academic research is that original findings tend to be reported in the literature, and the corroboratory findings are not.

Nevertheless, there is plenty of contemporary, original research in that article.

Let's not all stick our heads in the sand. Personally, I find tattoos quite attractive, but there is extensive research which correlates tattoos (plus increased coverage and quantity) with psychiatric illness or personality disorders.

I find that fact to be disquieting, since I know so many healthy people with tattoos, but we cannot just avoid evidence based on our personal biases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I find that fact to be disquieting, since I know so many healthy people with tattoos, but we cannot just avoid evidence based on our personal biases.
    Yep, right there with ya. Just as you say, the majority of people I know with tats are mentally stable (at least to my untrained eye). I just found the hypothesis a bit far-fetched for this era where tats are fashionable.

Next time I'm asked "Are you of sound mind" I'll remember to declare my tatoo. Wonder if I could use that in a divorce case? :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I know what she was suggesting and I know and understand that some people don't like tattoo's etc etc.. Her appearance her demeanor her nastiness.. It just didn't sit well with me!?

Bet you were clenching those L.OVE. H.A.T.E knuckles:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Exactly. Nothing new from Brenda. She's our own Katie Hopkins tbh. Horrible woman.

Nah shes nowhere near as skilled at it as Hopkins is, Brenda really just goes around sneering at people who do or think differently than her, shes not as active a cvnt as hopkins yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

VinLieger wrote: »
    Nah shes nowhere near as skilled at it as Hopkins is, Brenda really just goes around sneering at people who do or think differently than her, shes not as active a cvnt as hopkins yet

I'll give you that all right. She certainly has the potential though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Not that lovely. The nasty spiteful hate she has written is really not lovely.

Would you really call her HATEFUL, though? She may be unpalatable, but hardly up there with the KKK, Waffen SS, and Khymer Rouge.

FFS man, get a grip. Hateful... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Would you really call her HATEFUL, though? She may be unpalatable, but hardly up there with the KKK, Waffen SS, and Khymer Rouge.

FFS man, get a grip. Hateful... :rolleyes:

Yes I would call her articles hateful. I didnt compare her to the KKK, Waffen SS, and Khymer Rouge. You are throwing in a silly comparison there that simply was not made. Her hate spewed articles against travellers and LGBT people have been well documented.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Yes I would call her articles hateful. I didnt compare her to the KKK, Waffen SS, and Khymer Rouge. You are throwing in a silly comparison there that simply was not made. Her hate spewed articles against travellers and LGBT people have been well documented.

Examples?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

We need more people like Brenda Power expressing her views. It's a breath of fresh air.
    Do you hate her?
    She's right on the money for the most part in my opinion. You think differently and that's fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭dirtyden

AnneFrank wrote: »
    only german shepards :)

He was mean to you though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

AnneFrank wrote: »
    could you not use another word

Dotard?

Thanks Kim Jon Un.. He called trump that last week and I laughed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Her 'hate' was directed at travellers who had beaten the crap out of pensioners in their own homes. Personally I would have strung them up.

Advertisement