Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up for Smart PAYG meter - have not been contacted yet

Options
  • 26-09-2017 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭

I signed up for a Smart Pay as You Go meter 5 days ago, and the text and email I received from you afterwards said I would be called within 24 hours to arrange installation. I have not received any phone calls or correspondence yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

has the rollout started , I thought the CER has delayed this to 2019 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

BoatMad wrote: »
    has the rollout started , I thought the CER has delayed this to 2019 
    https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/products/electricity-and-gas-offers/smarter-pay-as-you-go

I signed up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Adiboo,

Thank you for your interest in our Smarter Pay As You Go meters.

Can you please send us a private message with your name, contact number, MPRN and address?

We can then look into the status of your call-back request.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi BoatMad,

We regret any confusion.

The Smarter Pay As You Go meter is not connected to the smart meter roll-out.

Electric Ireland currently offer Smarter Pay As You Go meters. These are devices that are fitted inside a property and are connected to (but do not replace) the regular ESB Networks meter.

ESB Networks maintain the electricity network regardless of electricity supplier. They will be responsible for the roll-out of the smart meters, along with a steering group made up of the Commission for Energy Regulation, the Department for Communications and Climate Action and Environment. You can find their contact information here.

We hope this helps.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement