Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green mucous poop

Options
  • 26-09-2017 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hey,

I've been breastfeeding my two week old and I noticed a good bit of mucous in my babies poop - it was fairly yellow and liquid. She was also struggling to keep food down after some feeds (lots of puking!) so I brought her to the Doctor who put her on Galviscon infant. She has taken one sachet so far and I've just noticed her poo is now green mucous - no liquid. Picture attached (TMI!).

Is the change in her poo constipation due to Galviscon? The mucous worries me. I'm going to ring the Doctor tomorrow but all input appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Fecal mucous can result from breastfeeding, or may be due to food allergy, infection or other things.

Hopefully your doctor will shed some light on it tomorrow, but if your still concerned I'd get a second opinion from a pediatrician.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Gaviscon can cause constipation. I'd definitely go back to the GP if you're not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Starface my guy has reflux. I ended up in a and e with him believe it or not!
    Anyway we were told to keep up upright for 20 mins after feeding him.
    Never got any perscription. He is putting on weight so they aren't worried.
    I am going to buy a sling/carrier as it can be hard to hold him after each feed as have 3 year old. I also bought a chair for him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

Mucous in a nappy like that can be a sign of a gastric bug.I would ring the gp again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Could be a viral infection or food allergy. I notice my lg has quite green foamy and mucousy poos and vomits more often when I have milk or cheese.

You can try to cut dairy from your diet for two weeks to see if it helps if the doc doesn't have any other ideas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement