Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i use steam streaming need advise

Options
  • 26-09-2017 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

ok im 16 no isp i use mobile data for gaming up 10mbs down 7mbs

i stream out of room 7 meters away i wanna know if i can use LAN to LAN connection and if i can use the plug socket to Ethernet to stream over LAN

all help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adamxtreme

my issues are walls in my way and a 10mbs up and 7mbs

i was thinking of somthing like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerline-Configuration-UK-TL-PA4010KIT-V1-20/dp/B01BECPIMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506392869&sr=8-1&keywords=ethernet+to+plug

to use ether net from another room as a dirrect connection to my pc bypassing the myfi hotspot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

First get proper broadband, second plug in ethernet cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Mobile connection is not appropriate for streaming games. Wifi is not suitable for anyone that cares about connection quality.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

srsly78 wrote: »
    Mobile connection is not appropriate for streaming games. Wifi is not suitable for anyone that cares about connection quality.

I've used 4G/LTE playing games when my BB went down and it was perfectly fine in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adamxtreme

my network isnt sutible and an isp is not an option i have 2 rooms one with my pc and one my bed room and my phone does not cut it frame drop (alot) delayed input i want it for playing dishonored till i work around (see another one of my posts) plans to make a laptop into a gaming laptop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

srsly78 wrote: »
    Wifi is not suitable for anyone that cares about connection quality.

Back when I was playing Battlefield 4 online(1-2 years ago) I done it with a wifi 'g' connection and had no issues. I don't play online games anymore though.

Advertisement