Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

******** Announcement: TV is TV - Closure of Online TV forum *******

• 26-09-2017 7:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭

We've decided to merge the Online TV forum with the main Television forum. When we started it 3 years ago, Online TV was a bit of a novelty but since then, the lines have been blurred so much that there isn't really a line any more.

All threads from the Online TV forum have been moved into this one.

If you're following the Online TV forum in your subscriptions, you can unfollow it by clicking here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Great decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭budhabob

Makes a lot of sense. TV is TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's a disgrace, a disgrace I tell you. I'm off to feedback now to, well, feedback about this disgraceful decision.*

*No harm really, was worth a go but never really worked, the delineation** between what should go where was too blurred with so many ways, legal and otherwise, that people watch tv programmes from all around the world.

**Don't think I used that word in quite the right way, but it's close enough and big words are cool.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good decision; probably made sense at first, but hiding away so many popular shows in an unfrequented forum wasn't the best idea in the long run. The lack of any actual debate was quite frustrating there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

There was an online TV forum? Don't think I'll miss that one somehow :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭sioda

Great news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

This causes me the significant inconvenience of having to figure out how to delete a bookmark! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

See link in OP. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Bravo

Stickied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

So if all TV is TV, do you plan on shutting down and merging the reality TV forum?

Nope. That was set up because people hated having stuff like BB and X Factor in the main forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm so proud of netflix right now.

*wipes away tear*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Being a bit pedantic but what about Star Trek, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones & Doctor Who can they be talked about in here then instead of really quiet sub fourms?

Those forums were set up so that people could talk about individual episodes in isolation. Individual episode threads would clutter the main forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Boooooo, hissssss

Advertisement