Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours rubbish,what would you do?

Options
  • 26-09-2017 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi all.around 6 weeks ago i noticed the lady next door was starting to pile rubbish bags in her garden,id say i counted around 20 at the time,i did say it to her as they were stinking and she said "its ok they will be removed next week,"..looked in this morning and they are still there,all be it moved to another part of the garden,now i count around 15 bags,id hazard a good guess the rest are stuffed in to her bins that she does not leave out,she also uses the excuse that "its all recyclable rubbish"..this is not the first time she has be doing this,3 years ago she had the council out over the same situation ,im worried over the rats/mice situation,and also the fact its not healthy.do i approach her again,or take it a step higher?

i hope im in right section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

If she has a history with the council about this, then it would be worth getting in contact with them again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If she's done it before to the point the council had to step in and has effectively ignored you asking her about them, I'd get on to the council again before it gets to the mice and rats stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

yeah id agree folks,100 percent,ill have to get in contact with the,quick replys and much appreciated...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Environmental Health Section of your Council should be contacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

If its on her land, can the council do anything??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Yes. That amount of rubbish in the garden constitutes a public health hazard. Typically, the council will remove the rubbish, and bill the resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If she rents, let the landlord know that this is the second time that this has happened. If she has rubbish outside, she's probably hoarding more in a room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

the_syco wrote: »
    If she rents, let the landlord know that this is the second time that this has happened. If she has rubbish outside, she's probably hoarding more in a room.

True. One case I know, tenants were storing bags of rubbish up in the attic.

Advertisement