Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Playing well, still 2 in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very happy with the first half. Only 3 points in it. Few poor wides but holding and maintaining possession quite well. Hurley has the beating of whoever they put on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’d have taken that at half time. Dublin hitting some poor wides but Cork have played well and hopefully we keep it close in the first ten minutes of the second half and don’t get blown away by Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I'm really happy with that first half, we're only three points down. Let's drive it on now in the second half.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Need a goal to make it interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

First 10/15 mins of the 2nd half will be crucial.

The Dubs up by six now.

worrying signs.

Cork have totally lost their way here.

It's been a poor start to the second half by us.

• Advertisement

Fitness becoming an issue. Good time to bring on a sub or two. Another poor free given away,, 8 now. Still to score in the second half.

The Dubs are pulling away here sadly.

I was hoping we could have stayed in the game until the 50th minute at least.

Sherlock not at the races unfortunately is off.

24 minutes between scores won’t do at inter county football.

Missed a few handy placed balls in that time too. Just not good enough.

I’ll answer the question. No cork can’t or won’t sky sports commentator.

11 wides. Atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Hurley is one selfish player. Just doesn't have it. Hopeless. Cork football is a real shambles.

Post edited by Amprodude on

• Advertisement

Dublin cleaned up their shooting in the 2nd half while Cork are now on 13 wides. Shockingly bad shooting.

Three points in the second half is a disgraceful statistic. Cork need to get back up to division one as soon as possible. We are miles off the top teams at the current moment in time.

Well that’s that thank Christ. Positive first half but a football game lasts for 70 minutes and you can’t miss handy frees and not score for 24 minutes and except to do anything.

Way too many wides, 13 I think.

Keeping it to 3 at ht, no goals conceded but fitness again a key.

The expected result but I think Cleary could bring this team on if he is around for a few years. Plenty of young fellas to be added to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thefa

Better to have gotten an extra game or two out of the season and give some players an experience in Croker. Nothing new discovered today that wasn’t evident before.

Great to see Powter fully fit again this season after the injuries. Think he would walk onto any inter-county team. Remember thinking in 2017 when we weren’t great but gave Mayo a great game in the qualifiers that it was great to see young players of his quality coming through but there’s not been much since. Hopefully some like O’Mahony can kick on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Dublin did not get out of second gear and were missing few players. Ye do it to yourself year in year out for past few years. We be talking same thing in 4 or 5 years.

The Dubs just took over in the second half, and we are miles away from winning the all Ireland. 2022 has been a crap year for Cork in both codes, and sadly i'm not that confident that 2023 will be any better either! As i said already this team needs exposure to division one football asap.

1954 to 1966 was Corks longest gap without a senior all Ireland in either code. That record has sadly been broken now. When the Hurlers went from 1903 to 1919 without winning the all Ireland, the footballers came good in 1911. We are right now living through Corks lowest ebb in both senior codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

9 of past 10 years have been shockingly bad for Cork football.

2019 was only bright light when we played some very encouraging football and gave kerry, Dublin and Tyrone good games. We went backwards again after that.

People wonder why they don't get support?

• Advertisement

The footballers have always been disappointing in history even when they had great teams. What is gone wrong in both codes? Are we seriously that bad in both codes. What is going on? Since the game turned more advanced with a professional type approach, Cork teams have been miles behind. What are they doing with underage setups I just don't know but it ain't good enough anyway. I saw Cork winning All Irelands in 1990, 1999 2004 2005 and 2010 In both codes. If you were born in 2006 and later you would never seen or remember Cork winning in either code. Terrible for a big county like Cork.

Advertisement