Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Brian Hurley is a major injury worry for tomorrow with a hamstring problem. Big loss if he doesn't play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Watching the women's football team currently on tg4...standard of football is terrible but that makes it fascinating to watch...

In ladies football, Cork 1-12 Galway 0-10

Very exciting end to the game. Both teams had chances for goals near the end. It was real end to end stuff! Maybe the skill wasn't top notch today but the athleticism from both teams was very good. Non stop running from each side.

For the men today, Brian Hurley not playing and Steven Sherlock starts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,729 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Up by a point and totally deserving of it!

Very true and could have been a bit more in front really. A few bad shots but playing well!

• Advertisement

That goal chance should have been put away. Shocking miss

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Big turnaround here. Missed goal chance followed by the black card and then Tyrone goal. Huge momentum swings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Seadin

Typical Cork football style ****. Cleary is a rubbish manager. Extra man now and all and we can't make it pay.

Need a goal badly now to have any chance. Tyrone down to 14

As I type, you would think Cork had 14 and Tyrone 15 on field. We look to have run out of steam again

Went totally flat after the missed goal chance. Dreadful second half altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,729 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

In the lead up to the black card, simple handpass to the left and we were away. Instead a poor long pass, black card and conceed 1-02 in the following 10nins.

I said the same thing at the time. Huge overlap and wrong option taken. What a pity !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

We just couldn't drive it on in that second half. That Tyrone goal proved to be very costly indeed. Hopefully we'll win that prelim final anyway, although i think we'll be on the road for that. Anyway hopefully the hurlers take care of Offaly with the minimum of fuss and that we don't pick up any injuries.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

I think he's doing a good job overall. We failed to drive it on in that second half, but this Tyrone team were all Ireland champions as recently as three years ago after all. Quarter finals is the bare minimum target this year. One more win and we are there. Someone did highlight in the Echo that we are very reliant on scoring goals, and that our points tallies are too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

The Hurlers not playing like we expected them to play so far.

8 points up and just doing enough. Offaly fouling non stop and it feels like they dont want to get pushed around by us kind of thing. I'd say they will get a man sent off in the second half if things go on as is.

We look very rusty but beginning to get going late in the half. Its a game where we just want to get it over with and get out with no injuries.

Poor performance really. Only 5 points on it. Very sluggish

That's another poor performance by the Cork hurlers. A reality check needed again, Dublin will have nothing to worry about facing us. We don't need to be talking of winning the All Ireland just yet. If we beat Dublin and get by, l fear we will be hammered v Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cork2021

• Advertisement

That went as expected. Offaly made a game of it but fouled a lot as well. The late hit on Horgan was very sneaky.

The 2 late goals leave a sour taste but its just a case of getting the win and getting out of there. Good to see the subs getting a run. Robbie O'Flynn looked sharp when he came on. We had a load of wides as well but thats when you havent played in a bit. This game will bring us on a good bit now as we were very rusty looking after the break. Remember we had a 4 week break. Very long time.

Still stuff to improve on but we don't want to be peaking in this match. Next up is Dublin which should be a bit harder again but good preparation for the semis.

I take you points but the one thing I fear was Offaly got three goals today and missed two others. This could have been alot closer.

A win is a win.

30 point victory serves no purpose for the next game.

Perform when we need to.

If anything it could have been a bigger win in my view. Give them the 2 goals. We had 14 wides. Even if we just got half of them, we are one more ahead. Some of Colemans wides in particular were really bad but its rare to see him miss so much. I put it down to rustiness.

This also keeps peoples hopes down a bit and hopefully Limerick think they will hammer us like you do!! It always the best position to be in. Through to the next round but people unimpressed. We have way more gears. You can see that when the lead went down to 5 points. Suddenly we were 8 up again and still won by 9 after 2 late goals.

I agree we did have more gears but the last two goals were a worry in that Offaly got them relatively easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Any idea of a throw in time for next Saturday? If Munster win in the rugby the final will be in Limerick with a 5pm k.o. Not sure would that have an impact on throw in time with tv coverage to avoid a clash.

Throw in time not confirmed yet. I see Wexford want their game moved to Sunday.

After today, Patrick Horgan is now 10 points behind TJ Reid in the scoring charts

We'll just take the win but conceding 3 19 to Offaly is a slight concern i think. We have to worry about Dublin first, but Limerick will ruthlessly exploit any defensive vulnerabilities in the semi final.

• Advertisement

It be good if Cork can win again the next day with a good competitive game

Advertisement