Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Seadin

That was some win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mossie

Unreal

Didnt think we would beat Limerick but delighted Cork turned up and played as good as we could. We could have won by more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I said it the last day that this team was ready for an All Ireland...anyone who knew a bit about Hurling could have seen it. This team is is hungry for it. Don't think Clare will stop them to be honest...Rebels Abu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭lukin

I'm a bit worried about Clare; they beat us already this year so they won't fear us.

Just like we didn't fear Limerick today because we beat them already this year.

• Advertisement

Remember 2013. We beat Clare in Munster by 8 points. They beat us in All Ireland. The opposite reversed this time. We have a great chance. It's 50/50. They won't like meeting us either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,836 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Limerick in Croker they said ....

That's TWICE we beat them this year 😁😁

Rebels Abú folks !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Limerick are a great team but my god i knew that there was a huge performance in us. This result might be a surprise to other people but it sure as hell isn't a surprise to me!

This team made a statement that they have well and truly arrived today. I thought our year was over and done with after we lost to Clare in Munster, but here we are back in an all Ireland final!

Limerick died like the great champions they are but we deserved that win so we did! Just one more win and Liam McCarthy will be back home by the banks of our own lovely Lee for the first time since 2005!

The final should be a great game and with a bit of luck we'll get our revenge on Clare for 2013 as well. We have to do it for Hoggie and Seamus Harnedy as well, what great service both of those lads have given us.

I'm just a very proud and happy Cork man right now. Up Cork the McCarthy cup is coming back home to Leeside!🔴⚪

Post edited by Straight Talker on

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭BarryNumber1

I was at that Munster game in 2013, was almost like a league game! The final was something else, or at least the first one. This final is very hard to call… there’s only a puck of a ball between the top teams. Hopefully no stupid red cards and Cork can go for 70 minutes again.

Hard luck to Limerick, they’ve deserved their run after a lot of years of heartbreak and were a pleasure to watch. They will be there or thereabouts next year.

Corcaigh Abu !

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Best of luck lads, I’m a limerick man , anyone I met said , we would win handy today , I knew better. Not a hope Clare will win , mark my words , ye be champions in 2 weeks time

• Advertisement

Clare will be tough and we are under no illusions. They have done us before so we are only hoping that Clare are under par and we fire on all cylinders to win this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭thefa

I didn’t see that performance coming, expected us to lose but had hoped to maybe catch a lucky break if we could hang with them long enough. Cork were more than good for the win today, not much luck to it.

The effort today was unreal and some of the turnovers/saves within our 20 showed it. Numerous big moments with two point swings which you need to beat the best. Looking forward to the Sunday game now.

Limerick made more mistakes than usual and I think Cork played their part in that. Fully expect them to be back next year and this final is a huge chance for Cork now. Hope they keep the head down and avoid the hype the whole county will have now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Wow what a match, I think we would all agree it trumped Pairc Ui Chaoimh!! Collins was outstanding and as others have said many could have received man of the match!!

Wasnt one of Kingstons best games! Was sloppy to the point in a tight game he could have cost us! He's a champion and am sure he'll bounce back.

Overall one of Corks finest hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭lukin

In 1996 Limerick hammered Cork in the first round of the Munster championship.

Three years later Cork won the All-Ireland.

In 2021 Limerick hammered Cork in the All-Ireland final. Now three years later Cork are in the All-Ireland final.

Just saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

haha 😂 our thing is any time dortmund make a champions league final we win the all ireland ( against a munster team too) something will have to give in two weeks time 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Fair play lads, unreal performance and ye have hit song too by sounds of it. Top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Never experienced anything like today. What a day, what an atmosphere

great game today well done cork , but ye had a plus sign over that limerick half backline all year and again today it worked out , speed kills that half back line and it worked again today , if hoggie wins his all ireland in two weeks time i will have no complaints but i wont be contemplating it either 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hopefully we will in 2 weeks again!!🇮🇩🤞

i told ye ye had the speed for them , today is a day for proper supporters that stuck behind this team , well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I think we do. Cannot see anything but a Cork win...said it since the Offaly game this team has All Ireland victory in their grasp. Delighted it's Clare as opposed to KK.....we owe the ome for '13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

The big thing for me was the performances of lads like Declan Dalton, Shane Barrett, Alan Connolly and Brian Hayes in the forwards. These will be the fellas along with the players coming through from U20 level who will drive the thing on over the next couple of years.

Clare are not to be underestimated though. They have been a consistent last four team over the last three years. They were in the last three Munster finals as well. They could easily have beaten Limerick in two of them! They won a league title this year as well.

They will be no easy beats but if we can keep them goalless then that hopefully should be enough. I think we are setting ourselves up, to be strong all Ireland challengers over the next few years. The main thing for now is ending that nineteen year senior all Ireland drought.

How did we get to this point? Well we had the strikes, we had Frank Murphy making some bad managerial appointments, the game has gotten more physical since 2005 as well and it took us an awful long time to adapt to that changing landscape.

Of course there was great Kilkenny and Limerick teams conquering all before them, and Tipperary had some strong teams as well. I just hope we can end almost twenty years worth of hurt and launch a new era of glory for Cork hurling.

We need a strong Offaly, Dublin, Wexford, Antrim, Carlow and Laois etc, but by God hurling needs a strong Cork up and about and challenging for and winning all Irelands as well.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

If we play as good as most of yesterdays game in the final, we then will have a great chance. Clare won't be easy for sure but they are no Limerick either, so get the performance right next day out again and we have every chance of winning this.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rebs23

The fact it was in Croke Park and we performed well made it better than the game in PUC. Great game, day and the Cork support is something else, the noise and atmosphere was incredible. But……I will never forget 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Well done to Cork . Fantastic game from a neutrals point of view. Was at the 2013 final and if the atmosphere this year is anything like that it will be something else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭thesultan

11 years ago Cork knocked out the All ireland champions..

Cork were beaten in the final by Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

5 years ago, Kilkenny knocked out the AI champions and were beaten by Tipp.

We can’t lose the run of ourselves before the final. This is an absolute 50:50.

In 2002 Kilkenny knocked out the all Ireland champions and won All Ireland same year.

None of those past theories mean jack sh*t. It's all on the day and being good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,803 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I hate some of the digs thrown at physically smaller counties and the crowds they bring but it is true that only Cork Vs Limerick can bring that crowd. It's not a nasty rivalry either which helps with the day out.

Advertisement