Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I stop a recurring card payment

Options
  • 26-09-2017 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    I have a sky now tv subscription
    Their websites cancellation page is broken
    Their only contact is email to which I've got no reply

How do I stop the recurring payment at my end
    It's not a direct debit or standing order ,all they have are my card details

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi folks
    I have a sky now tv subscription
    Their websites cancellation page is broken
    Their only contact is email to which I've got no reply

How do I stop the recurring payment at my end
    It's not  a direct debit or standing order ,all they have are my card details

Thank you

Hi George Sunsnow,

Thanks for contacting us here.

You can request what is called a cancelation of continuous authority. What this means is that you would have automatic chargeback rights on payments that they attempt in the future.
    You can request to this through the "Ask a question" option within the "Service Desk" tab on your 365 online home page.

Thanks again for your message and please let us know if we can help you with anything further.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Thanks ,I'll do that now
    does that mean their next request would go through and Id have to go into the bank branch to sign the charge back?
    Or does it stop all payments altogether once I set it up thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Thanks ,I'll do that now
    does that mean their next request would go through and Id have to go into the bank branch to sign the charge back?
    Or does it stop all payments altogether once I set it up thanks

Thanks for getting back to us.
    This would mean that we would request with the company to stop taking these payments. If the company does request another payment after this it may show on your account but all you would need to do is raise it through the "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile and we would then be able to pull back this payment for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement