Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of funds EA

Options
  • 26-09-2017 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, how do you show proof of funds if using some equity from house sale. Sold house 2 months ago, waiting to exchange contracts. Anyone used a letter from solicitor to confirm house sale and been successful at going sale agreed? We are purchasing new house through a private sale. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

If you've sold the house and the transaction has completed, then you should be able to show a bank statement with the proceeds of the sale. Or of the funds are still in the client account of your solicitor, they could provide proof.

If you're only sale agreed on the house you're selling, I would think the vendor of the new house wouldn't consider you having the funds until you'd at least had signed contracts on the house you're selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

We got a solicitors letter confirming that we had the funds available. Didn't say where the funds came from just that w had the funds available. Had no problems with EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭gezz36

heroics wrote: »
    We got a solicitors letter confirming that we had the funds available. Didn't say where the funds came from just that w had the funds available. Had no problems with EA.

Thanks, Had you signed contracts on the house you sold at that stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

gezz36 wrote: »
    Thanks, Had you signed contracts on the house you sold at that stage?

Yes contracts were signed

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Darith

I was just asked for proof of funds for a house purchase. I didn't think to get a solicitor's letter; i just created a new bank account with only the funds of my offer; should i have used a solicitor's letter instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Darith wrote: »
    I was just asked for proof of funds for a house purchase. I didn't think to get a solicitor's letter; i just created a new bank account with only the funds of my offer; should i have used a solicitor's letter instead?

If its a cash sale, don't really see the difference. Pretty easy to photoshop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Darith

If its a cash sale, don't really see the difference. Pretty easy to photoshop too.

Sorry you've lost me, photoshop? As in create a fake Bank statement or someone would use the details of my statement?

Advertisement