Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to reactivate a telephone line?

Options
  • 26-09-2017 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Due to a mix up with my account last year I was advised by Eir to cancel my phone service to bring my monthly bill in line with my previous payments.

I am now coming to the end of my contract and I wish to change providers. However, any alternative providers that i speak to have told me that as the telephone line is now inactive they cannot switch me over and that I need to wait for Eir to "reconnect" the line so it is available to them to provide the service.

Could you confirm that this is indeed the case and how long it would take to reactivate the line after i cancel my Eir subscription? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Tim76 wrote: »
    Hi,

Due to a mix up with my account last year I was advised by Eir to cancel my phone service to bring my monthly bill in line with my previous payments.

I am now coming to the end of my contract and I wish to change providers. However, any alternative providers that i speak to have told me that as the telephone line is now inactive they cannot switch me over and that I need to wait for Eir to "reconnect" the line so it is available to them to provide the service.

Could you confirm that this is indeed the case and how long it would take to reactivate the line after i cancel my Eir subscription? 
    Hi Tim76, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

This wouldn't be the standard procedure, the other operator would need to process an order to activate this line with themselves. If an engineer is required to connect the service we would send them out at the request of the other company. 

You can reactive the line with ourselves but this would tie you into a contract once the 14 day cooling period has ended. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll clarify the situation at your address. 

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement