Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm System recommendations

Options
  • 26-09-2017 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I'm planning home renovation (well one floor only for the start) and would like to change old alarm system to something new.
    Any recommendations/suggestion for the list of requirements below?
    I don't need full list of parts but I would like to have some idea on what manufacturers/providers I should look for and what ballpark figure it would be.

It's a typical 3-bed semi-d
    - 4 in house cameras with motion detectors powered via POE or POE+ (switch and UPS not included here)
    - 6 glass brake detectors + 9 window/door open sensors (some windows are double) on 1st floor
    - 4 glass brake detectors + 6 window/door open sensors on ground floor
    - external siren
    - 3/4 external cameras with POE/POE+ (front yard, back garden, side of the house)
    - video doorbell (but no smart locks)
    - touchscreen/idiot proof control panel, no f*cking zone/schedule codes to remember
    - internet access to whole system (I can provide static IP or a DNS)
    - connection to Internet via cable router with a cellular backup (SIM card)
    - DVR with local storage and option to upload recordings (possibly scripted/activity activated) to "the cloud" (Dropbox, GDrive, AWS). Can be a DVR software to put on a PC.
    All sensors and connections should be wired
    Optional possibility to give access to 3rd party monitoring company a bonus (what companies would take something like that?)
    IFTTT integration or other "scripting" option a nice have

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi there are plenty of very similar posts here about the alarm side of your questions.

For the iot side of things have a look at Wexfordmans posts. Or the iot forum

Have you a Nas that can connect to cameras and had Dropbox integration?

Advertisement