Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climote

Options
  • 26-09-2017 4:02pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If I purchase a climote unit for €90 does that then tie me to a new 12 month contract.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Aquos76,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you are already an Electric Ireland customer, you can simply purchase the Climote.

If you are switching from another provider, you would be entering into a contract (and savings would be applied to your account also).

The Home Services team can advise further on 1850 372 333.

Best regards
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bmwVV

Dose Climote work through WI-FI?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Unfortunately not, only via the included SIM card, problem there is sometimes it can take a while for information to be sent and received from it. I believe there is a new firmware update being pushed out shortly which is supposed to address this issue.
    Hi there,
    This is to let you know we are embarking on a service upgrade programme over the next few weeks, which will significantly improve the speed of remote connection for our Electric Ireland customers and will enable us to deliver improved services and energy information going forward. As part of this programme we will be remotely updating your climote remote heating control unit to use the new service.
    You don’t need to do anything – this is simply to let you know in case you notice the unit is offline during the upgrade.
    During the upgrade, your unit will be offline for about 20 minutes, after which it will automatically reconnect using the new service. The three boost lights will illuminate sequentially while the unit is updating, please do not attempt to use the unit while this is in progress. All your settings will be automatically restored after the upgrade and your remote app access will be unchanged.
    Please feel free to contact us at support@climote.com
    Kind regards,
    The climote team

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bmwVV

Thanks for the quick response! I am still interested. €90.00 offer still stands? If I ordered this week, would fitting be done with in the next week or two?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I wouldn’t have a clue about that, but what I can tell you if they offered me one free of charge as an existing customer if I signed up to a new 12 month contract and remain on the current discount I was getting for DD and online billing. I declined and bought it from them for €90 instead. By moving to another provider I stood to save over €250 over the year so that was a bigger attraction for me, so even taking the cost of the device itself there was still a decent savings to be had for me.

• Advertisement

Hi bmwVV,

Thanks for your interest in Climote with Electric Ireland. Thank you Aquos76 also.

Yes, the €90 offer for Climote is still in effect. The wait time for installation varies in terms of technician availability in a locality.

The best thing to do is to contact the Home Services team directly on 1850 372 333 to find out what waiting time would be applicable in your case. Home Services are available until 6pm Monday to Friday.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kingkev100

Is there a new more modern climote launching soon. I like the idea of controlling two heat zones and hot water on the one device, but the actual interface of climote is seriously outdated and lags way way behind its competitors hive and nest.  I mean, who uses dials in 2018!! Climote is a good idea but it's interface is very old fashioned and not really hi tech imho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

kingkev100 wrote: »
    Is there a new more modern climote launching soon. I like the idea of controlling two heat zones and hot water on the one device, but the actual interface of climote is seriously outdated and lags way way behind its competitors hive and nest.  I mean, who uses dials in 2018!! Climote is a good idea but it's interface is very old fashioned and not really hi tech imho!!
    I got one. For me with older people in the house, the simulated dial was the only hope in getting them to move over to it from the actual old time clock with physical dial. That said, I assume they could change the appearance of it anytime with a software upgrade.

Hi kingkev100,

We recommend contacting Climote regarding this query.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement