Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

deco nate wrote: »
    So what you're telling me is, I'll never be on BB with the Hulkster.... :(

Don't panic , the court case isn't for years yet , so the next CBB is HH time !☺

And we won't slander either of you Deco ...

Eyepatch wrote: »
    My mother used to say that her mother used to tell her "Never put anything in writing that you would not like to see posted up in the Market Square (of your local village)".

How much more does this apply since the advent of Social Media!

Exactly my point ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

I agree I think it’s really crap. Like yeah they are offensive words and I get that but he was 16 and they were tweets chatting with his mates, not serious opinions.

He’s the same age as my sister and I know for a good while around 16/17 Twitter was the main way she chatted to her mates. Imagine if people started going on about texts you sent when you were 16??? I think it’s clear there was no harm or offence in it, so it would be really horrible for it to ruin his career

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

All i see is Billy Mitchell from EE when i look at him :eek::eek:

YAY was watching a bit of the after show and Joe Swash said Denis Wise looked like Billy Mitchell :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Toff reminds me of Hannah from Hollyoaks (actress Emma Rigby)

229118.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

My concern for Jack would be his mental well being now, has anyone on the production team though of this? It must be utterly humiliating for him, they have an obligation imo to make sure he gets the right help to sort his head out after this. Make sure he doesn't do something stupid. 

Also if he has an agent or a team of sorts, he should have scanned his Twitter profile with some software or something picking out certain words he might have typed and thus deleting the Tweets or just made some sort of statement on them months in advance before he actually went on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

From my reading of it, it seems like it was his team's decision to pull him out and I'm a Celeb agreed. He probably got paid and this was the quickest way to avoid any hassle or controversy.

I really don't get why these celebs don't hire someone or I'm sure there's a company that will trawl through your social media to check that it's all on the up and up. There's been a few people caught out like this. A really high profile one from the past week was Josh Rivers who was just hired as the editor of Gay Times. Buzzfeed did an interview with him and asked him about his previous tweets which were really really offensive and antisemitic and he was caught on the hop. Again why isn't the management teams not checking and preparing a statement in advance.

On one hand I do feel sorry for Jack but on the other hand I've never used offensive words like he did and I just can't fathom ever using them.

Jack went on a reality show so media will scour for any skeletons in his closet whether negative or postive, he knew the score as does all who enter these shows

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

seen on twitter last night people digging up tweets from both Amir and Rebecca - both were pretty bad but wonder if they'll face the same fate as Jack.....baring in mind, they are not kids (not that that is an excuse for Jack but he was only 15!)

seen on twitter last night people digging up tweets from both Amir and Rebecca - both were pretty bad but wonder if they'll face the same fate as Jack.....baring in mind, they are not kids (not that that is an excuse for Jack but he was only 15!)

They should

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There'll be no one left at this rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

haha! Amazing. The "celebrity" world is imploding :D

Amir getting his head stuck in a gate when he was younger......maybe he's not punch drunk, maybe he's just proper thick!

It shows a hierarchy, although Rebecca maybe could as she truly is a nobody, I'm amazed she got on the show.

It shows a hierarchy, although Rebecca maybe could as she truly is a nobody, I'm amazed she got on the show.

She really is. But she’s trying so hard to act like she’s famous for something other than her husband. “I’m well known for my charity work”... alright calm down Princess Diana.

allym wrote: »
    She really is. But she’s trying so hard to act like she’s famous for something other than her husband. “I’m well known for my charity work”... alright calm down Princess Diana.

Did she say last night she hated the term WAG, which is what she is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did she say last night she hated the term WAG, which is what she is

Yes because she works and makes her own money. Pays for her kids education with her own money etc. No idea what she does though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Dovies wrote: »
    Yes because she works and makes her own money. Pays for her kids education with her own money etc. No idea what she does though!!

I say this is the first “job” she’s had in a very long time....

Read the tweets Jack sent, christ, seems verrrrrry harsh that he got booted!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭tinpib

Read the tweets Jack sent, christ, seems verrrrrry harsh that he got booted!

Yes, it does. Which makes me think that perhaps the real reason are these inappropriate messages he sent to a female fan.

tinpib wrote: »
    Yes, it does. Which makes me think that perhaps the real reason are these inappropriate messages he sent to a female fan.

I didn't get the whole context, but the French 1 at a glance seemed like sporting banter.

The rant and f word and mentally handicapped slang tweet seemed part of a back and forth, standard twitter/youtube comments arguing.

The n word 1 seemed totally harmless in the context of him hanging out with an African American friend, who I guess may have felt Ok with Jack calling him "my N...", but yeah, I dunno anymore :D

I guess the last 1 you could argue in never OK, but in the context, i think an apology would have been fine. It was clearly not meant to be nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I didn't know all you sneakers offers were over here without me? Why did no-one tell me? I feel so left out now. :D

allym wrote: »

Both sat next to her wanting to say the obvious but too frightened.

Both sat next to her wanting to say the obvious but too frightened.

Yeah I laughed at them nodding along

pilly wrote: »
    I didn't know all you sneakers offers were over here without me? Why did no-one tell me? I feel so left out now. :D

Pilly !!

You came home to us yaaay ☺☺☺

No more skiving off now mrs !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I love Stanley. He's so intelligent but yet doesn't look down on the others.

I kind of like Toff too even though I didn't want to.

I think Fiz is going to be a bit moany.

That's it for now.

Poor aul Vanessa must have the worst potty mouth ever, is extremely quiet, or simply has nothing of note to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

pilly wrote: »

Piily, I was wondering where you were, didn't think you were a Jungle fan... Nice to see you here. :)

Now listen, I've had a few beers already, so if I post ****e just ignore or report me.

Love a good eating trial! Even if I am gagging at the thoughts

Piily, I was wondering where you were, didn't think you were a Jungle fan... Nice to see you here. :)

Now listen, I've had a few beers already, so if I post ****e just ignore or report me.

Lol Colly , have one for us !

Am looking forward to their eating challenge tonight , wonderfully wicked :D

• Advertisement

Any one else think the Small Man jokes are wearing a bit thin at this point ?

Advertisement