Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Strawberrygate and it isn't even Wimbledon time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

neonsofa wrote: »
    I'm an everyday person get me out of here doesn't have the same ring to it though :p

no but now it I'm a barely recognisable as a celebrity get me out of here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

no but now it I'm a barely recognisable as a celebrity get me out of here

:D

do you think the format would work with everyday people instead of celebrities

Most aren't "celebs" anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

" I'm A Nobody, But Think I'm A Somebody, A Wannabe Celebrity, So Let Me In, Then Get Me Out Of Here"

That'd work.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

that's my point. they are half way there already. Stanley, becky , jack, shappi, kez, etc aren't celebs. the rest are barely

" I'm A Nobody, But Think I'm A Somebody, A Wannabe Celebrity, So Let Me In, Then Get Me Out Of Here"

That'd work.

I think iain would have drowned before he got that out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,949 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That'd work.

That's all of us then ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yeah.

I remember the days when a celebrity was someone everyone knew, now_a_ days a celebrity is someone who married or slep with a famous person or had big-ass inplants and did a lot of charity work... Fook off.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Becky and Kez getting high votes for trails, makes me think they could stay in longer

Is all Scotland voting for Kez :P

Fizz and Dennis not voted high for any trial yet

Had to catch up tonight as missed it live. What an episode! :pac: Love Amir and Iain even more.

Dennis very OTT and calling the shots "You's aren't getting any treats from now on." Who does he think he is?

Jamie a bit of a snake too. Pushed the point that Iain instigated the whole thing just because he likes Amir and dislikes Iain. Very sneaky. Didn't like it.

Odds after tonights episode. :)

Toff - 4/7
    Jamie - 9/2
    Stanley - 8/1
    Amir K - 12/1

Fizz - 14/1
    Bekka Vardy - 25/1
    Dennis Wise - 33/1
    Iain - 40/1
    Shappi - 50/1
    Vanessa - 100/1
    Kez - 125/1

Stanley and Amir have swapped odds.
    Bekka Vardy has shortened a good bit. I'd say her talking about her childhood and her depression might have won a few people over.
    Dennis and Iain have both drifted a bit.
    Vanessa and Kez again drifting out. Kez is on insane odds! Her odds mean if you bet a tenner right now this minute, you'd lose a tenner. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Had a great laugh at the lads eating the Strawberries and Cream themselves, but the best bet was Iain at the end in the Jungle Cam saying he would do it again.

I'm watching strawberrygate right now. First off, it was Amir who started the idea of eating the strawberries and saying they got the question wrong. Then he downgraded and said he had two strawberries, then he said to Dennis that it was all Iain's idea.

Secondly, was it just me or was Iain a bit manic in tonights episode. I have 2 friends who are manic depressives, and sometimes they are depressed and some times they are so happy they are manic. Iain seemed to me manic. Super excited about the deception, then almost gleefully admitting what they had done, and then very, almost sombre towards the end of the evening.

I don't know. The program is heavily edited so I know we arent seeing the full story of the evening. The whole strawberrygate thing could have been invented by the production team for all we know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Secondly, was it just me or was Iain a bit manic in tonights episode. I have 2 friends who are manic depressives, and sometimes they are depressed and some times they are so happy they are manic. Iain seemed to me manic. Super excited about the deception, then almost gleefully admitting what they had done, and then very, almost sombre towards the end of the evening.

Very good point. Maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Eyepatch wrote: »
    If you had expienced real hunger, you'd know what I mean. Some comments here are proof positive that people have not experienced real hunger.

The contestants aren't experiencing real hunger. Iain won 11 stars so they have a full meal the night before and they would have been given rice and beans for breakfast. Remember they are contesants on a reality TV show, ITV and the production company are not going to let them suffer too much. They have had food provided to them every day. It might not be what they are used to but it is enough to keep them nourished.

Be careful when you are climbing down off your high horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Be careful when you are climbing down off your high horse.

Go ahead. Make your points, Meauldsegosha. But please keep your personal, sarcastic remarks to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I'm still laughing at the "Registration of Francis"....I thought it was some new programme on RtE!

laylag wrote: »
    I'm still laughing at the "Registration of Francis"....I thought it was some new programme on RtE!

Stop Francis Brennan has enough shows already :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It's OK,
    Ed and co are on it!

tumblr_nf6qpbONOX1rp741to2_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Ah here folks, give it a rest - it's a reality tv show, they are not gonna starve by any stretch.

I'd almost put my house on it that when Rebekka took unwell and had low blood sugar levels, she was given something to eat to help her feel better!

I get people have experience of being starving but thats a whole other tread on a whole other sub section of Boards - this is meant to be a bit of light heart entertainment so try pull it back to that!

Cop on tiredblondie, the last thing the world needs is some overpaid talentless "celebs" getting a little hangry due to something they signed up for which involved massively likely possibilities of getting hangry. Damn you and your heartless nature!

• Advertisement

Ah here folks, give it a rest - it's a reality tv show, they are not gonna starve by any stretch.

I'd almost put my house on it that when Rebekka took unwell and had low blood sugar levels, she was given something to eat to help her feel better!

I get people have experience of being starving but thats a whole other tread on a whole other sub section of Boards - this is meant to be a bit of light heart entertainment so try pull it back to that!

Oh and fair play to Iain and Amir eating the strawberries and cream - can't believe no one has ever done that before - feckin hilarious!!!
    But not cool Amir throwing Iain under the bus with the blame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Go ahead. Make your points, Meauldsegosha. But please keep your personal, sarcastic remarks to yourself.

xJwpuba.jpg

Cop on tiredblondie, the last thing the world needs is some overpaid talentless "celebs" getting a little hangry due to something they signed up for which involved massively likely possibilities of getting hangry. Damn you and your heartless nature!

I'm not defending the "celebs", i'm just saying that there is no need for people on the thread to be arguing over who has been more hungry than others and getting annoyed with each other over it!!

I'm not defending the "celebs", i'm just saying that there is no need for people on the thread to be arguing over who has been more hungry than others and getting annoyed with each other over it!!

Ummm......I was kidding :pac:

I'm hungry now so having a strawberry yogurt :D

Ummm......I was kidding :pac:

Oopps.... Sorry 🙈

amir coming off very bad . have the decency to own up properly instead of throwing iain under the bus

Amir coming off berry bad :P

I still think if it was anyone else besides Iain no big deal would have been made but Iain is not liked so Jamie and Dennis especially got riled up, did Becky make any comment?

I think Toff knew it was more Amir's idea than Iain, did she ask Iain but he still didn't blame Amir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

It all sparked off when someone suggested Dennis had no sense of humour because he reacted with anger. A liittle empathy for their situation wouldn't go amiss. Picture back to where they were laying around on the ground, in the middle of the day, for hours, fantasizing the success of this dingo dollar challenge, when they would at last get their much longed-for sugar hit. Who, among them, is going to think this is hilarious. In fact they reacted with disbelief that this actually could have happened in the beginning. Which is the most likely reaction in that situation, when the truth actually sinks in, amusement or anger?

Edit: Above applies to a remark somone made re an "argument" re "Hunger" on this thread.

Ah Jaysus it's a bit of craic. I guarantee they're not even giving it as much thought as you, Eyepatch!
    Getting annoyed on their behalf is really the last straw(berry)

• Advertisement

I'm hungry now so having a strawberry yogurt :D

I hope you thought to share it with your colleagues you selfish bastard

Advertisement