Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

kez mentioning a lot of things we never saw on the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ArtyC wrote: »
    Ugh I hate the soppy emails

Be better if it were mean tweets :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Glad she's gone,she shouldn't have even been in it in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭prunudo

What did she say, turned off extra camp at the first ad break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

pilly wrote: »
    Was that her husband?

No, John Terry !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

jvan wrote: »

What did she say, turned off extra camp at the first ad break.
    Football debates between the boys and her trying to get into the conversation and failing.

After that snake trial, which none of the others wanted to do, cowardly f&ckers, Toff deserves to win

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    After that snake trial, which none of the others wanted to do, cowardly f&ckers, Toff deserves to win

Yea I'd be happy with Toff win as long as Jamie or Amir don't win I'll be happy enough, they're snakes themselves the way they go on about Iain.

I'd like Stanley to make the final, I know he hasn't done much but he's very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Jamie is nothing more than an idiot - his face when it was his turn for an email, he was FUMING!!!! Demanding they got it right!!!!!

I agree, perhaps Iain is playing the sympathy card but he didn't have to skip his own one, maybe it was done to look good, maybe it wasn't - only he knows that but Jamie's reaction was disgraceful - even his "friend" little Dennis Wise was shouting in his direction that there was a load of yellow codes on the thing they were looking at....

I really hope Jamie is next to be voted out - there is nothing likable about him whatsoever - he tries to act the big tough guy when it comes to trials but funnily enough, all of his are "SOOOOOO 'ARD.....!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

As always, the programme is showcasing, warts and all, the realities of the dynamic of social groups. And it all centres around Iain and Amir.

Iain - shy, goofy, a bit nerdy, a bit awkward, not socially adept.
    Amir - 'cool', sporty, a bit of a lad, cheeky, confident.

Amir gets away with strawberry-gate unscathed.
    Iain takes the fall.

Amir gets given the benefit of the doubt by other campmates (Jamie and Dennis in particular), because he's 'part of the gang', but Iain remains feeling ostricised.

Becky said in the Bush Telegraph that she blames Iain for not being part of the group, because he's 'isolated himself', not giving a moment's thought to the fact he's publicly admitted to chronic shyness and mental health issues. but he's not given the benefit of the doubt because he's 'a bit weird'.

Amir chickens out of his first task; barely a footnote in history. Iain fails to do the Dingo Dollar challenge, and not only do most not really feel sympathy for him, but Amir has the gall to tell us all that 'at least he tried'. You did in my hole.

Iain sacrifices his own email from home in order to make sure the ladies later on in the list get a chance to win theirs, and Jamie and Amir choose to believe that he's playing a game in order to make people like him; not giving a second thought to the idea that he did it to be nice, and in the hope that his fellow campmates might actually be nice to him.

Put it this way, if Iain had offered to do the Trial yesterday, he would not have been roundly congratulated like Toff was upon her return. he would have been accused of trying to get people to like him, or even better still, one of the others would've made sure they did the Trial rather than him.

this all stinks of the same sort of stuff that Martin suffered from last year, only Iain isn't even close to as annoying.

people are just tribal. they pick their people, usually the 'strong', and they pick on the weak, even if it's largely unjustified. bullying is just part and parcel of how certainly the jungle works, and I'm pretty sure it's a reflection of wider society.

it's also interesting that the public voted off two of Iain's only allies.

• Advertisement

I want Iain to make the final, to out last Jamie, Amir and Dennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can't stand Ian myself, he's the whole time moaning, crying because he couldn't do a task... Looking for the sympathy vote.
    Wasn't able to stay quiet after strawberry Gate, he should have said nothing instead he took the blame for it all..

He's trying to seek the approval of the rest of the camp mates by being overly friendly which just comes across as needy and desperate. It's no wonder why nobody in the camp really likes him. Hopefully he goes tonight.

Fair play to Toff last night, more balls than all the lads put together.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Dennis is doing the trial Temple of Gloom, the under water one,
    Iain could not do

He is a small man :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Can't stand Ian myself, he's the whole time moaning, crying because he couldn't do a task... Looking for the sympathy vote.
    Wasn't able to stay quiet after strawberry Gate, he should have said nothing instead he took the blame for it all..

He's trying to seek the approval of the rest of the camp mates by being overly friendly which just comes across as needy and desperate. It's no wonder why nobody in the camp really likes him. Hopefully he goes tonight.

he's chronically shy. He's also very awkward and desperate for acceptance from his peers. he's said he doesn't have many friends - he hangs with his family, does his radio show, and reads. that's it.

he is being overly friendly and he is desperate for approval. it's approval he's not getting, but Amir is, even though Amir is acting like a twat. Amir has approval because he's 'one of the boys'. Iain is trying to be one of the boys by being nice, and knows people won't like him if he fails tasks. that's why he gets upset. he's afraid of being isolated even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

You can see the sadness in Iain's eyes, you can't fake that. Whether or not he plays up to it is another matter- but there is genuine sadness there. I feel sorry for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

SlickRic wrote: »
    he's chronically shy. He's also very awkward and desperate for acceptance from his peers. he's said he doesn't have many friends - he hangs with his family, does his radio show, and reads. that's it.

he is being overly friendly and he is desperate for approval. it's approval he's not getting, but Amir is, even though Amir is acting like a twat. Amir has approval because he's 'one of the boys'. Iain is trying to be one of the boys by being nice, and knows people won't like him if he fails tasks. that's why he gets upset. he's afraid of being isolated even more.

Yeah he appears to have very low self esteem which is odd in a comedian/broadcaster.

I just wish he'd stop feeling sorry for himself and be himself rather than trying to be someone who he thinks "the boys" want him to me.

The lads would respect him a lot more if he stood up to them rather than trying to be the people pleaser he is.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

anna080 wrote: »
    You can see the sadness in Iain's eyes, you can't fake that. Whether or not he plays up to it is another matter- but there is genuine sadness there. I feel sorry for him.

Freaky witch powers of yours, don't look her in the eye people, she'll read ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

I think the producers have potentially dropped the ball here. I have linked a preview of tonight's trial and put it in spoiler tags for those that wish to keep it a surprise. Don't read any further or watch the video if you wish to remain unspoiled!

Given that bullying allegations have arisen regarding the camp's treatment of Iain and that his mood has been generally low over the past few days, surely allowing Dennis to participate in the infamous Temple of Gloom trial is inadvisable? Iain has already been isolated by his campmates and derided for failing to complete tasks. It is possible that revisiting this trial could increase his feelings of loneliness and compound his inability to fit in with the group.

If Dennis comes back with a full house, then you would think that Iain will feel awful - I know I certainly would. There have already been several examples of Iain beating himself up for failing to complete tasks. If Dennis fails then maybe it won't be such a bad thing and Iain will feel better, but it does look rather unlikely considering that Dennis makes such an impressive start in the preview.

ITV have recently released a statement saying that the well-being of the campmates is a priority in light of the bullying allegations. However, they are dedicating a substantial amount of time to covering Iain's isolation and to me it seems that they are contributing to his difficulties. The title of the preview speaks volumes, and it only takes Ant a mere ten seconds to mention that Dennis has better technique than Iain.

It will be very interest to see whether Dennis performs good or bad and how the camp treat him after the trial. At the very least it should be mentioned during the show that Iain is 6"4 and Dennis is 5"6, and that he also has presumably less stars to obtain than Iain.

Freaky witch powers of yours, don't look her in the eye people, she'll read ya!

source.gif

I gots it all figured out, me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Given that bullying allegations have arisen regarding the camp's treatment of Iain and that his mood has been generally low over the past few days, surely allowing Dennis to participate in the infamous Temple of Gloom trial is inadvisable? Iain has already been isolated by his campmates and derided for failing to complete tasks. It is possible that revisiting this trial could increase his feelings of loneliness and compound his inability to fit in with the group.

If Dennis comes back with a full house, then you would think that Iain will feel awful - I know I certainly would. There have already been several examples of Iain beating himself up for failing to complete tasks. If Dennis fails then maybe it won't be such a bad thing and Iain will feel better, but it does look rather unlikely considering that Dennis makes such an impressive start in the preview.

ITV have recently released a statement saying that the well-being of the campmates is a priority in light of the bullying allegations. However, they are dedicating a substantial amount of time to covering Iain's isolation and to me it seems that they are contributing to his difficulties. The title of the preview speaks volumes, and it only takes Ant a mere ten seconds to mention that Dennis has better technique than Iain.

It will be very interest to see whether Dennis performs good or bad and how the camp treat him after the trial. At the very least it should be mentioned during the show that Iain is 6"4 and Dennis is 5"6, and that he also has presumably less stars to obtain than Iain.
    Agree wholeheartedly with all of this.

• Advertisement

Isn't Becky a mental health charity spokesperson too? I read this morning that there's calls for her to be fired from that role due to her treatment of Iain. But that could all be sensationalised rubbish.
    I read as well that Iain is using the fee to pay for his mother's care home costs. I did a lot of reading this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If Iain is struggling in camp surely he would be better off out of it all together ?

Isn't Becky a mental health charity spokesperson too? I read this morning that there's calls for her to be fired from that role due to her treatment of Iain. But that could all be sensationalised rubbish.
    I read as well that Iain is using the fee to pay for his mother's care home costs. I did a lot of reading this morning.

What treatment of Iain ? I did miss Friday last .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    What treatment of Iain ? I did miss Friday last .

Rebekah Vardy defends comments about depressed Iain Lee on I'm A Celeb

http://dailym.ai/2BLN4px

after she branded Iain as fake and hungry for the limelight

pot kettle black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

haha what a twit! Stick to milking(in every way :pac: ) your millionaire footballer bbz

Thank you . But in my humble opinion the women is entitled to an opinion.She might of course be wrong but she might also just have a point ?

Thank you . But in my humble opinion the women is entitled to an opinion.She might of course be wrong but she might also just have a point ?

And in my opinion, you are entitled to your opinion about her opinion :pac:

And in my opinion, you are entitled to your opinion about her opinion :pac:

Lol . Group hug !!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

If Iain is struggling in camp surely he would be better off out of it all together ?
    Mentally he'd be better off but he probably wouldn't be paid. It seems he went in to pay for his mum's care home costs. She has MS and needs round the clock care and it costs a £1,500 weekly.

Advertisement