Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Scraggs wrote: »
    According to the Daily Mail Amir Khan's appearance fee is over 400k and Toff's is 13k. She needs a better agent if true!

He's a world champion boxer, she is a secondary character on a reality show. So their fees are comparable with their current "celebrity" status.

On the flip side Toff will make money from her time in the jungle, Amir won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Scraggs wrote: »
    According to the Daily Mail Amir Khan's appearance fee is over 400k and Toff's is 13k. She needs a better agent if true!

I'd hate to be in there on 13k knowing that Amir and Stanley were on 400k.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Defended Dennis the last few days but he was bang out of line last night. Reminded me of his playing days.

Fair play to Ian for standing up to him. He'll gain more respect from the group by doing that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

By no means am I defending Dennis and how he spoke to Ian was demeaning and belittling .But Dennis is from a very competitive football world where the best team are put forward and dog eat dog .Its his mentality and how he sees competition .Unfortunately his social skills are severely lacking and he barged in with two huge left feet .
    I now hope Iain is there longer than the Mean Boys and they get that and see why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Scraggs wrote:

According to the Daily Mail, everything gives you cancer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I'd hate to be in there on 13k knowing that Amir and Stanley were on 400k.

Both of these men are long established characters, with quite q bit of life experience behind them.

Toff is a very young girl with a lot of living to do. What young girl would not be delighted with a windfall of 13K? If Toff wins this, which looks almost a foregone conclusion, she's almost guranteed lots of presenting jobs and a great career ahead.

Following the pattern that's already established, she will be the presenter of Extra Camp next year.

Apart from all of that, there doesn't seem to be a jelous bone in Toff's body. She's just a bubbly, happy-go lucky person, who lives and lets live.

Here's hoping she does win.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

How does the evictions work? I know it's "in no particular order", but is the person in the bottom two who stays, the one with the 2nd lowest votes or just random??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

How does the evictions work? I know it's "in no particular order", but is the person in the bottom two who stays, the one with the 2nd lowest votes or just random??

Don't think they've revealed that but I think they're the bottom two in the votes. Sometimes the person who stays is the same person a couple of days in a row before they go. Although it can also jolt people into voting. I think Amir will stay tonight.

I'd like to see Jamie go tonight and Dennis tomorrow. Just to see Amir trying to buddy up to Iain again. Then he can go on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Dennis Wise is, in reality, not a nice guy. Never really was in his playing days, and there's no reason he should be now. He was a wind up merchant and a bit of a thug.

You can cover it up for a while, but in the end, if a situation like Iain presents itself, the true colours are uncovered.

It's that simple.

You can fake an awful lot in the jungle for an awful long time if there is no controversy or you keep yourself completely to yourself. But with two other blokey blokes like Jamie and Amir around him, and an easy target like Iain in their midst, he's all of a sudden in a comfort zone, and forgets that he should hide his natural instinct.

The bystander bullying (where the majority of them don't say anything) is probably more annoying to be honest. there's literally no point in Fiz saying silently that she doesn't approve of the behaviour.

Iain's not perfect, but he's been given no benefit of the doubt by the lads, and it's difficult to watch to be honest, because it reminds we so much of the nastiness of a schoolyard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Kalyke

SlickRic wrote: »
    Dennis Wise is, in reality, not a nice guy. Never really was in his playing days, and there's no reason he should be now. He was a wind up merchant and a bit of a thug.

You can cover it up for a while, but in the end, if a situation like Iain presents itself, the true colours are uncovered.

It's that simple.

You can fake an awful lot in the jungle for an awful long time if there is no controversy or you keep yourself completely to yourself. But with two other blokey blokes like Jamie and Amir around him, and an easy target like Iain in their midst, he's all of a sudden in a comfort zone, and forgets that he should hide his natural instinct.

The bystander bullying (where the majority of them don't say anything) is probably more annoying to be honest. there's literally no point in Fiz saying silently that she doesn't approve of the behaviour.

Iain's not perfect, but he's been given no benefit of the doubt by the lads, and it's difficult to watch to be honest, because it reminds we so much of the nastiness of a schoolyard.
    My OH was saying Wise was "a lovely lad" in the early days of The Jungle.... I kept saying "watch and wait". A leopard never changes his spots. The others in the camp were also taken in by him as well. This changed last night but I think time, sadly, is on the side of Dennis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Sometimes the bottom two are the real bottom two, sometimes not. Basically, it's a manipulation tool to push the votes how the producers want. If they have it be the real bottom two a significant portion of the time, they can try to scare people into voting a certain way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Iain and Fiz are doing a trial tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,949 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm back in the land of reality , literally !!
    Raging I missed since last Friday night but looking forward to tonight ☺☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Glad you're back, Mam of 4! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm not quite sure what this is- but it happens tonight.

I59PyZh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

not sure but its not a very flattering picture

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I'm back in the land of reality , literally !!
    Raging I missed since last Friday night but looking forward to tonight ☺☺

Can you watch On Demand ?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Can you watch On Demand ?

Oh never thought of that , thank you !

Then again I'd better not , as I'd be in here ranting and raving and annoying you all ha ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Then again I'd better not , as I'd be in here ranting and raving and annoying you all ha ☺

Get some popcorn for last night’s episode, and loadsa stuff to chuck at the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Mam of 4 wrote:

Oh please watch last night's!! Your blood will boil!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the repeat is on itv 2 at 7 if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just watch last nights, Mam. No need to watch the rest!

Thanks everyone , I'll watch it at 7 , thanks the pen turner .

If I get thread banned for calling them names after watching it , my defense will be that ye made me do it ☺☺

Watch last night on demand and rant away . We can all rant again with you in retrospect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Thanks everyone , I'll watch it at 7 , thanks the pen turner .

If I get thread banned for calling them names after watching it , my defense will be that ye made me do it ☺☺

Ya won't get banned for calling them names, as long as you don't start calling us stuff you'll be alright. :D:D:D

I have it on , ye didn't warn me that they were against Iain from the very beginning :(

,Shower of jumped up testosterone filled wannanbe d!ckheads ..

Dennis is a lanker.

Switch the L for a W please.

Dennis is a lanker.

Switch the L for a W please.

A very small lanker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure what this is- but it happens tonight.

I59PyZh.jpg

Hen night in the Rovers Return

• Advertisement

Fair dues to Toff , she was 100% right in what she was saying , but the "Hardy Boys " didn't want to hear it .

Advertisement