Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Why don't they ever ask him the real questions??? So angry here. He's getting away with bullying way too easily!!! He better be pulled up on it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's genuinely ridiculous that Dennis wasn't shown strawberry-gate.

Am I right that only Shappi has been shown so far? Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Could see that the gang of three were rattled there when they realised two of them were up for eviction.

Dennis giving the longest roundabout answers as he knows well they are tight on time. Did himself no favours again by claiming he let Iain do the trial because he wants camera time.

Really want Iain or Toff to win now. Jennie could sneak it because of her Corrie fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,949 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Right , what they're discussing now , why don't they do that with the evicted campmates?

Because they're probably off getting an earful from the PR people in how to act regretful that it was only banter blah blah blah bs..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

well done boys, you've just handed iain the win.

honestly, I wasnt too fussed about the ''bullying'' angle yesterday - to me dennis was just expressing valid concerns for the group as it's sh1t to be left hungry in there with no stars. I put it down to denis getting narky because lack of sleep/food would wear on anyone....but tonight...

patronising from denis to say the least. amir comes across a brainless lackey. i hate dramatic comparisons but it stinks of shilpa shetty on big brother. the gang mentality,the stupidity of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

It's so sad seeing Stanley on his own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I wonder if Dennis was fat would Ant and Dec have called him that.

The small man thing seems to have been passed to this thread.

I think Iains sad eyes is like a llama or that kind of thing.
    You could never hurt a llama or giraffe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

I dunno why but i keep imagining if Dennis was in a restaurant or a shop that he would be so mean aand ignorant to the staff ....im losing the plot 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

LOL! I'm back from CBB, if you're wondering where I've been all this time. LOLOL! Thought something was wrong with my computer, when I wasn't getting all of your responces to IAC! LOLOLOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

wasn't dennis arrested 20 years ago for assaulting a taxi driver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

wasn't dennis arrested 20 years ago for assaulting a taxi driver

Yeah, he was in a mini cab :)

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Yeah, he was in a mini cab :)

Genuine lol

The background music to the "set change" on Extra was so well chosen. I can picture it, but can't remember the name pf the comedian that had that music.

Stanley is so entertaining. Such a pity he was voted out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Eyepatch wrote: »
    The background music to the "set change" on Extra was so well chosen. I can picture it, but can't remember the name pf the comedian that had that music.

Stanley is so entertaining. Such a pity he was voted out!

Benny Hill?

Think the song is Yakety Sax.

Wheety wrote: »
    Benny Hill?

Think the song is Yakety Sax.

That's it. Thank you so much, Wheety. I was thinking Harry Hill, but I knew that was wrong. I was half right. LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I missed it tonight but is it safe to say Dennis is gone?

Btw it’s all over fb about the boys bullying of Iain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Autosport wrote: »
    I missed it tonight but is it safe to say Dennis is gone?

Btw it’s all over fb about the boys bullying of Iain

Yes the small man is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Ant and Dec went up in my estimation tonight when they called Jamie and amir idiots and really seemed to mean it.
    Then they went swiftly down again when they didn't take Dennis to task on literally ANYTHING. It's so frustrating, like what is the point of interviewing them at all if they're not going to pull them up on what we've seen? May as well just let them walk out with no interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

MelanieC wrote: »
    Ant and Dec went up in my estimation tonight when they called Jamie and amir idiots and really seemed to mean it.
    Then they went swiftly down again when they didn't take Dennis to task on literally ANYTHING. It's so frustrating, like what is the point of interviewing them at all if they're not going to pull them up on what we've seen? May as well just let them walk out with no interview.
    Yet they did it a couple of years ago with the other football player, can't remember his name. But it was just banter, BANTER!
    they had no problem doing it with him(ie, grilling him about his behaviour) is it cos everyone is snowflakes now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Bully type people only operate on people who unfortunately either consciously or not enable them to.
    Iain is constantly putting himself down or apologising to someone and the others are seeing his vulnerability.
    I hope when Iain gets out he works on his assertiveness. He seems like a genuine man and it actually makes me very uncomfortable how he's being isolated and picked on.
    I had high regard for Denis at the beginning but him and Jamie and Amir can stuff their little locker room clique.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Remember Iain when he first entered camp? He was loud and brash and full of energy. He's now a shadow of himself. It's sad. I hated the way he apologised to Denis for overreacting. Typical behaviour of a people pleaser though, not wanting to rock the boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

deco nate wrote: »
    Yet they did it a couple of years ago with the other football player, can't remember his name. But it was just banter, BANTER!
    they had no problem doing it with him(ie, grilling him about his behaviour) is it cos everyone is snowflakes now?

Yes Jimmy Bullard, he was another slimy fekr. Banter my eye! These footballers must have some kind of complex where they have to passive aggressively prey on any "weaker" individuals to validate their own overinflated positions.
    But you're right, at least they grilled him on it. Probably is due to the climate these days and generation snowflake that they're afraid to tackle any kind of real issues now. Which just makes a lot of the show irrelevant unfortunately.

anna080 wrote: »
    Remember Iain when he first entered camp? He was loud and brash and full of energy. He's now a shadow of himself. It's sad. I hated the way he apologised to Denis for overreacting. Typical behaviour of a people pleaser though, not wanting to rock the boat.

Anna you took the words out of my mouth.
    I nearly cried watching that because it reminded me of a situation I witnessed before. And Iains reaction only gives more power to someone like those men.

I'd love to just give Iain a big cuddle.
    And I'd be quick to tell that Hollyoaks twat to 'jog on' himself.
    If Iain had done a trial and been found out to not know where Sydney was, he'd be lambasted. But the cool boys get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

My favourite episode after the cyclone one, is the reunion show a week later. There you see them reunited, check out their hotel room and then give their piece to camera. I’m sure Amir will have to be coached on things to say to make him look good. Denis will faff around again like he did tonight and I think Jamie will be brazen and just say it was banter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yes Jimmy Bullard, he was another slimy fekr. Banter my eye! These footballers must have some kind of complex where they have to passive aggressively prey on any "weaker" individuals to validate their own overinflated positions.
    But you're right, at least they grilled him on it. Probably is due to the climate these days and generation snowflake that they're afraid to tackle any kind of real issues now. Which just makes a lot of the show irrelevant unfortunately.

In fairness to other footballers Dennis Wise was a scummy little man when he played too.
    Nothing much has changed with him.
    Id class Jimmy Bullard as football's Amir,a bit dim.
    Wise is a proper little nasty individual.
    Amir and Bullard would be less so but still not nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just caught up on tonight's episode - thank f*** that maggot Dennis got voted out. What a c**t he is. Hope his two ar**hole mates go next.

Iain's rant on dick measuring tonight was priceless - it shows Iain has a real understanding of the Banter Brigade type sh*theads, he unfortunately got stuck in there with. I said it last night and I'll say it again, but the whole Lads! Lads! Lads! thing is a completely toxic part of our society and it's important for the viewers of I'm a Celebrity to see that sort of behavior for what it is - it probably won't help change anything in larger society, but I've noticed, over the years, enough people have been blind to that type of appalling behavior, so just to have a wider audience see it at play in the microcosm of I'm a Celebrity and discussing it, is a step in the right direction.

I also think that when Iain gets out, whether he wins or not, he'll be delighted to see the show of support he's gotten from the public - that will really give him a boost of confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

wyrn wrote: »
    My favourite episode after the cyclone one, is the reunion show a week later. There you see them reunited, check out their hotel room and then give their piece to camera. I’m sure Amir will have to be coached on things to say to make him look good. Denis will faff around again like he did tonight and I think Jamie will be brazen and just say it was banter.
    The bit were they all get together after the show in the hotel is always a big tell of who likes/hates. Always good for the nerds to link what had happened in camp was real, well in the past I did it.
    Don't tell me ye all didn't do the same;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Latest odds - which tell a big story.

Toff - 1/9
    Iain - 9/1
    Amir - 18/1
    Jennie - 18/1
    Jamie - 35/1

Jamie was always 2nd or 3rd favourite, around 5/1 afaik. Just shows you how the bullying has swayed people's opinion of him, and therefore the odds.

Advertisement