Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I really hope the final 3 is Iain, Toff and Jennie. Would really tell Iain that the 'lads' behaviour did not go down well with the public. Would give him a real boost and I'd say he'd really enjoy his last day. Think he is realising it already as he hasn't even once being the 'it might be you'. Initially he was disappointed as he wanted to go but now he's just saying things like 'What?' but seems to be delighted. Was great when the last 2 last night were 2 of the bullies.

I'd like Jamie to go tonight just to see how Amir acts on Saturday, and then hopefully Amir goes next. I don't want Jamie to do the Celebrity Cyclone. He'd insist on being the one who goes to the furthest star but I think that may have to be Iain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is tonight the cyclone challenge?
    I really hope Amir f*cks it up.
    I was hoping for the three alpha d*cks to duck up their latest trials just to say 'hah'!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

probably tomorrow

I fear that this season will not recover from this crap. not enough time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Is tonight the cyclone challenge?
    I really hope Amir f*cks it up.
    I was hoping for the three alpha d*cks to duck up their latest trials just to say 'hah'!

Tomorrow. There will be a normal trial tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think Toff should go to the top, there is no stopping her!

She'd blow away! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Latest odds - which tell a big story.

Toff - 1/9
    Iain - 9/1
    Amir - 18/1
    Jennie - 18/1
    Jamie - 35/1

This shows that there might actually be general decency in society still.

Iain's 2 main allies were the first to go, which was unfortunate. But with time, people have seen what is going on, and don't like it.

Jamie and Amir in particular will be shocked when they see public opinion of him and his behaviour.

Dennis was acutely aware of the fact that they may not have been treating Iain the best. It didn't stop him, but his attempt to backtrack, or try to kinda tell Iain to do it showed that was aware what public perception might be. Amir and Jamie haven't hidden at all from the fact that they feel they're justified in the treatment of Iain because he's 'playing a game' or because Iain isn't going along with the 'banter'.

Don't get me wrong, Dennis isn't a whole lot better, but those 2 are out and out arseholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

SlickRic wrote: »
    This shows that there might actually be general decency in society still.

Iain's 2 main allies were the first to go, which was unfortunate. But with time, people have seen what is going on, and don't like it.

Jamie and Amir in particular will be shocked when they see public opinion of him and his behaviour.

Dennis was acutely aware of the fact that they may not have been treating Iain the best. It didn't stop him, but his attempt to backtrack, or try to kinda tell Iain to do it showed that was aware what public perception might be. Amir and Jamie haven't hidden at all from the fact that they feel they're justified in the treatment of Iain because he's 'playing a game' or because Iain isn't going along with the 'banter'.

Don't get me wrong, Dennis isn't a whole lot better, but those 2 are out and out arseholes.
    Jamie and his jog on comment.. I would have slapped his face if he was in my presence.
    Nasty little turd.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Goes to show you can be "one of the lads" all ya like but when you're so thick that you cant find Australia on a map then what hope is there! Their lack of geographical knowledge baffled me!

It was horrendous, a 4 year old would know more.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I'm surprised to see Jenny so far down

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

anna080 wrote: »
    Remember Iain when he first entered camp? He was loud and brash and full of energy. He's now a shadow of himself. It's sad. I hated the way he apologised to Denis for overreacting. Typical behaviour of a people pleaser though, not wanting to rock the boat.

Completely agree with all of this Anna, really sad for Iain that he feels he has to keep doing this :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

How could he know not where he was in the world? That would freak me out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I didn't watch last night but I take it from the thread that Jamie was worse than Denis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

it's funny and ironic everyone calling the lads bullies on this thread, are acting like a bullying mob,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

AnneFrank wrote: »
    it's funny and ironic everyone calling the lads bullies on this thread, are acting like a bullying mob,

Cause those men in the jungle are scrolling through boards.ie with tears in their eyes, feeling very intimidated by posts made by people in a different country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

There's a huge difference between people posting something on the internet vs a group of grown men systematically trying to bring someone down and make them feel bad constantly, in an environment when that person can't escape from the constant harassment and doesn't have their family or friends around.

Huge difference.

We're just discussing what we've seen on the show. You're more than welcome to defend their behaviour, if you so wish..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

They don't know we're in a different country though :P

:pac:

They know we're not in the jungle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd actually slightly agree with this. While the lads are out of line some of the language being used here regarding them is disgusting.

Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Come on guys they're not even real people they live in the telly

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Article on the daily mail (sorry don't know how to post a link)....dennis claiming he is going to take Iain and kids to a match and he's going to visit Iains mum in the care home.......f#$k right off did you ever hear such RUBBISH!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

yogibear77 wrote: »
    Article on the daily mail (sorry don't know how to post a link)....dennis claiming he is going to take Iain and kids to a match and he's going to visit Iains mum in the care home.......f#$k right off did you ever hear such RUBBISH!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
    That sounds like he read the papers and realised that people are behind Iain and that it's not a game plan. I'd have more respect if he held his hands up admitted what he'd done and apologised.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Exactly.....hes a creap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,949 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

No , not a bullying mob at all .
    Seeing what people are doing to one person and thinking it's ok would be bullying in a sense , as you'd be condoning what's happening .

Then again , we all have different opinions and see things differently , I for one don't think calling people out on nasty, passive/aggresive behaviour is bullying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am not a huge fan of Iains but can easily see that what the three Mean Boys did was mean and insensitive .
    Dennis may have had a point about needing to eat but he worded it all wrong and was passive aggressive in his approach
    Amir over stepped the mark and his teasing was not banter or fun , it was hurtful and cruel
    Jamie with his whispering about Iain to his cronies about " an easy trial " etc etc was intentionally mean and said to big himself up and be part of the gang

Its ok not to like someone , we can't all like everyone and everyone can't like us but that gives us no right to belittle them openly to others . Iain is very hard work I imagine and constantly needs reassurance and tries too hard to be liked . I personally would find him difficult to live with and struggle to always fill his need to be reassured . But that is my failing and still no reason to put him down or remind him of his past failures or treat him like an outsider . Not least of all beacause I am aware of his mental health struggles and would hope I could try harder to get to know how he ticks and why . Not to give him that chance would be my failing and not his

In my opinion a little gang forming and constantly picking fault and putting down one other person is a forn of bullying and it is quite reasonable to call it so

• Advertisement

I was out in the shed a few minutes ago getting turf and sticks. There were a few spiders and cobwebs I had to manoeuvre around, and I'm not gonna lie, I *may* have pretended in my head that I was doing a bushtucker trial
    :pac: :pac:

Advertisement