Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    That was a bit of a damp squib really..

Damp squid! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

did they ever open the prediction envelopes they did on day one

Ant and Dec had picked Toff, they opened them on Extra Camp final show

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Iain just posted this above a Dennis tweet
    Bullying is a strong word. But I was unaware of a lot of what was said behind my back and also what some people said about me after they'd left.
    Very illuminating especially when you see Dennis’s tweet https://twitter.com/iainlee/status/941752707555065856

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Becky,fair play to her doing the show and doing well but the face on her looking at Toff.
    She could have killed her there and then if no one was around.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

what would you call talking about person behind their back, lying about him, intentionally making up facts about him and the trials he did, grouping together to continue these lies, saying one thing to him but saying the opposite to the rest of your gang.

100% bulling in my opinion.

Except its not like they're stuck in school with kids doing it or stuck in a job they can't afford to leave - they're being paid big bucks and they can say stop the bus at any time.

It was rude it was nasty but bullying - nah.

• Advertisement

Stanley's son Max reminds me of Daniel from Corrie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Bullying is very complex - it's similar to cases of sexual harassment in the sense that it largely comes down to the perspective of the victim. If a person that experiences such treatment feels that they are being bullied and if there is sufficient evidence that backs their claims, then it would be classed as bullying.

Iain didn't believe that he was being bullied, so then you would have to say that he wasn't bullied after all. Now whether he feels that is genuinely the case without an ITV camera in front of him and whether he will actually be brought to a Chelsea match, that is another story altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

9or10 wrote: »
    Except its not like they're stuck in school with kids doing it or stuck in a job they can't afford to leave - they're being paid big bucks and they can say stop the bus at any time.

It was rude it was nasty but bullying - nah.

I think becky was nasty and rude , that's just the kind of person she is.

the 3 boys were a lot more calculated . they planned what they said . dennis intentionally said that the water was 1.5m so that the rest would dislike iain for failing and praise himself .
    amir knew what he was at by pushing all the blame on iain , he could have said he did it too, especially when asked directly about it
    Jamie saying things about iain wanting camera time and himself really hungry for it

Why does Dennis keep saying Iain was playing a game, a big game player, to promote myself, ffs they all playing a game, it is a reality show :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

I wonder will Iain change his stance in future interviews now that he has realised what everyone was saying behind his back? That must be awful for a man who only wanted to fit in, seeing everyone who he felt he got on well with read him and say that he is playing a game. They are all trying so hard to protect their reputations:

nintchdbpict000372468009.jpg?strip=all&w=588&quality=100

• Advertisement

I see JamiEgo changed his opinion when out to that Iain was not playing a game

I didn't think Iain was being bullied until the reunion show tonight. The things that stuck me were
    • the constant bitching, particularly with whispering voices
    • accusing him of having a game plan
    • the social exclusion (now I know Iain prefers to be on his own, but I'm talking about the times they went off to bitch & bathe)
    • the language they used, in particular Jamie: "I smashed it, I got 6 stars (out of 10). No one else could have done any better"
    • Dennis and "the pool is only 1 meter)
    • the minute they got out they were on the phone to their agent / manager
    • when the other camp mates were evicted, they went up immediately and asked them for their opinions
    • they met up to discuss the "Iain situation"
    • Amir, Rebecca and Dennis shaking hands when Iain came 3rd
    • and loads more but my brain is now fuzzy
    I think they made Iain a target and reinforced certain ideas about him with the other camp mates i.e. the game playing, chickening out of tasks etc...

wyrn wrote: »
    It’s so illuminating this coming out show. Rebecca, Dennis & now Amir are so defensive. You can see them getting everyone on the side before Iain gets out.

My family would be telling me off for bitching like that. They’d make a holy show of me.

Yes Amir straight asking Jennie about Iain bullying

I think maybe the likes of Kez, Shappy, Stanley and Toff could see Iain was being isolated and picked on and imo it was bullying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I think the producers or whoever is in charge of the final cut is responsible for the alledged bullying... Without some sort of "drama" it wouldn't be much of a show.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I think the producers or whoever is in charge of the final cut is responsible for the alledged bullying... Without some sort of "drama" it wouldn't be much of a show.. :rolleyes:

that's the problem with tv like this. we can only see the shown bits in isolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The thing is there was so many funny things happened but this show was all about Iain and bulling and stole the show from Toff.

If it is remembered it will be for bulling and Iain and not the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

unfortunately that is the way these type of tv shows are going. strip away any of the fun, pick a narrative that is nasty and go with it for the whole show. bb has been at it for a couple of years and it seems IAC is going the same way? i didn't watch this years series of IAC, in fact i can't remember the last time i watched it as i got board of it. but it sounds like it may be heading in the same direction as the rest, which is sad if true.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

You can only produce the fruit that is given to you, no how matter if one thinks it is bitter.
    Others make excuses to sweeten the deal that there was no bullying, yet it was plain to see them talking about it, shaking hands as Ian came 3rd,job done.

Sure look at the poster above that showed Ian didn't understand until he left the show. What was going on.

(that pic that was shown a day or 2 after with the Bully..... Boys was the end party, when Ian thought all were real friends*)

* I know this now because of the clothes they were wearing tonight*

unfortunately that is the way these type of tv shows are going. strip away any of the fun, pick a narrative that is nasty and go with it for the whole show. bb has been at it for a couple of years and it seems IAC is going the same way? i didn't watch this years series of IAC, in fact i can't remember the last time i watched it as i got board of it. but it sounds like it may be heading in the same direction as the rest, which is sad if true.
    I don't think that's quite true in this case. It was such a boring group this year, there was literally nothing else to show. If anything, I think IAC underplayed it. Ant & Dec didn't really address any of it and barely mentioned Strawberrygate in the interviews

Iain just posted this above a Dennis tweet

Very illuminating especially when you see Dennis’s tweet https://twitter.com/iainlee/status/941752707555065856

Same reply from Iain to Rebecca Vardy tweet

"I hadn't seen the comments made behind my back or the ones made by some camp mates when they left. I still suggest the word bullying is too strong. But."

They backtracking and sucking up now to Iain as they know from their managers, agents and the media etc., they did wrong with their treatment of him

• Advertisement

Look how lovely Iain is. Wish a certain blogger could do this.
    About to start a very long journey home from NZ. Thanks again for your support. May I ask that you please don't send abuse to people? Whatever you may think of them, please be civil. Thanks X

https://twitter.com/iainlee/status/941813938798366720

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Hes a decent skin that Iain fella.
    Dennis and Becky,nah not so much.
    Jamie,I think, isnt like the other 2.

Yeah Jamie copped on in the car on the way back to the hotel. I think he was influenced by the others. Rebecca, Amir and Dennis don't come across as the types to admit they were wrong or admit their actions might have been perceived in a bad light. Rebecca and her daughter and dad both said Iain was game playing in the car after she was evicted. Dennis's wife said the same and although Amir's dad didn't say it, he didn't put Amir straight either. Amir was also very defensive at the final and Iain was bewildered when Amir started shouting about bullying.

Personally I think Jamie is a big moany Mary and likes to have something to complain about. He's the only 1 I think might be truly sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Geez , I wonder do they still think he's playing a game hmmmmm

All the back tracking , covering their asses , just shows they know they were wrong .

Iain , can hold his head high , he's a gent .

Yeah Jamie copped on in the car on the way back to the hotel. I think he was influenced by the others. Rebecca, Amir and Dennis don't come across as the types to admit they were wrong or admit their actions might have been perceived in a bad light. Rebecca and her daughter and dad both said Iain was game playing in the car after she was evicted. Dennis's wife said the same and although Amir's dad didn't say it, he didn't put Amir straight either. Amir was also very defensive at the final and Iain was bewildered when Amir started shouting about bullying.

Personally I think Jamie is a big moany Mary and likes to have something to complain about. He's the only 1 I think might be truly sorry.

I'd say Jamie's mammy when she went in might have told him a few home truths

Even when shown strawberrygate, they laughed off Amir's part but Iain was vilified, I was annoyed too at Jennie :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Jamie is exactly like the other two.

did we just see the 3 bullies shaking hands like they are happy he was evicted and that their plan worked

OMG despicable creatures :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Jamie is exactly like the other two.

Maybe.
    I just think the other 2 are more calculated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

That handshake was disgusting and told me everything I needed to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I somehow missed the handshake the first time around and only saw it there on Daily Mail. Well I'd like to see them try and justify that! I'm glad Iain is backtracking on his comments. Why should he try and make sure the air is clear and set things straight for them when they had zero consideration for his feelings in the jungle.

Advertisement