Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ok ASLVB , you could enter the next CBB , you fit the criteria - knowing a person who was famous for being on a reality show :pac:

I know several people who've been on Reality TV, plenty of musicians and comedians, and well over a hundred Soap Stars. I've also been out drinking with Adam Sandler, and rubbed shoulders with some big Hollywood names over the years, so if knowing those people is the only criteria I need to be on CBB, then I'm surprised I haven't already been asked to be in the house... lol :D

In fairness I have worked in Radio, various Print Medias, did Stand-Up Comedy for years, and now write for a Soap, so it's not like I just randomly meet famous people and "celebrities"; there's a reason for it.

Not that I'd ever want to go on a Reality TV Show though - I did audition for BB back in 2009 for a segment on a radio show I was doing and got through to the second round of auditions, which was a surreal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Totally! That’s 2 down, the rest better be as famous as us, none of this Made in Chelsea bollox.

Excellent , have me new grey cardie ready , can't wait :D

Hurry up the rest of ye!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Totally! That’s 2 down, the rest better be as famous as us, none of this Made in Chelsea bollox.

I met Mrs.Brown dressed up as Brendan o'Carroll in Tescos ashbourne a few years ago.
    Asked me to get something from the top shelf.
    Do I qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I litterly bumped into Dec in Newcastle airport . Well he is a very very small man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I litterly bumped into Dec in Newcastle airport . Well he is a very very small man

Mrs Brown is also a very very small man.

• Advertisement

And why say thankfully faded into obscurity ? You have us all wondering now !

Well I'm thankful the web series faded into obscurity because it was badly edited together in the end and the finished project just looked a bit sh*t - it wasn't awful, but it should've been a lot better, so we (the presenters) weren't too happy and it wasn't the project that was sold to us, so we decided to move on after a couple of episodes. They replaced us, but I think only made 1 more episode with the new presenters before calling it quits altogether.

I know several people who've been on Reality TV, plenty of musicians and comedians, and well over a hundred Soap Stars. I've also been out drinking with Adam Sandler, and rubbed shoulders with some big Hollywood names over the years, so if knowing those people is the only criteria I need to be on CBB, then I'm surprised I haven't already been asked to be in the house... lol :D

In fairness I have worked in Radio, various Print Medias, did Stand-Up Comedy for years, and now write for a Soap, so it's not like I just randomly meet famous people and "celebrities"; there's a reason for it.

Not that I'd ever want to go on a Reality TV Show though - I did audition for BB back in 2009 for a segment on a radio show I was doing and got through to the second round of auditions, which was a surreal experience.

Geez , fair dues to you , and continued success with your writing , have you ever considered doing an AMA about it? Genuine question ?

Actually , an AMA on the BB audition experience would be interesting also !

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Where were you, Also Starring LeVar Burton, when this thread was derailed recently? Wake up people, is all I have to say. Get real.

Hence, me putting (mostly) in brackets in the post you quoted... And I wouldn't say the thread was derailed, despite someone's best efforts... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Bono brushed off my shoulder once in Xtra Vision in Dalkey. I’m a Celebrity, get me in the CBB house!

Not a word of a lie. I farted in bono's face, I was sitting at the bar in a snug. He was sitting down right behind me, it was an sbd.
    He finished his pint and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

deco nate wrote: »
    Not a word of a lie. I farted in bono's face, I was sitting at the bar in a snug. He was sitting down right behind me, it was an sbd.
    He finished his pint and left.

That’s a friendly gesture in some countries! Or is it burping? I forget which. Either way, better out than in, Bono or no Bono.

• Advertisement

Geez , fair dues to you , and continued success with your writing , have you ever considered doing an AMA about it? Genuine question ?

Actually , an AMA on the BB audition experience would be interesting also !

The BB audition was so long ago at this point, I've forgotten most of the things we had to do, but I don't remember it being very exciting - lots of waiting around though, so my biggest memory of it was that it was super boring.

Probably wouldn't do an AMA unless it was for a call in radio show or something - typing out decent replies to questions can be quite time consuming, but if you ever wanna know anything in particular feel free to drop me a PM.

The BB audition was so long ago at this point, I've forgotten most of the things we had to do, but I don't remember it being very exciting - lots of waiting around though, so my biggest memory of it was that it was super boring.

Probably wouldn't do an AMA unless it was for a call in radio show or something - typing out decent replies to questions can be quite time consuming, but if you ever wanna know anything in particular feel free to drop me a PM.

Thank you for being honest , I'd never even considered the amount of time it would take answering questions in an AMA .
    Apologies for turning this into a mini ama :)

I just find the whole writing process fascinating , whether it's for tv , film , or print . Thanks again :)

Thank you for being honest , I'd never even considered the amount of time it would take answering questions in an AMA .
    Apologies for turning this into a mini ama :)

I just find the whole writing process fascinating , whether it's for tv , film , or print . Thanks again :)

No problem at all - I never mind answering questions, just the AMA format involves answering an awful lot of them pretty much at once. This "mini AMA" has been quite fun... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I served Dickie Rock coffee , and a toasted sandwich about thirty year ago , does that count ?:D

Did he spit on you :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did he spit on you :D

Always thought that question should be worded the other way around ..:D

No , but he was ignorant and thought he deserved special treatment ha!!
    He was out of luck :pac:

No problem at all - I never mind answering questions, just the AMA format involves answering an awful lot of them pretty much at once. This "mini AMA" has been quite fun... :D

Good , thought I may have been annoying you tbh , no doubt i'll think of something else to ask you another time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I know someone who slept with a footballer, that me in. :)

What's AMA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I know someone who slept with a footballer, that me in. :)

What's AMA?

Ask Me Anything! I googled it.

Beware - don't be naive - don't give away your private information, especially on pms! You never know who you're talking to.

This is aimed at people who are new to this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

AMA = Ask Me Anything.
    It's a discussion on a certain topic like "I've been on a Wheel of Fortune AMA" or "I'm <insert famous name here> AMA".

Here's the link to the boards version: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1647

Here's the reddit version: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/

Some of the posters are anonymous (like the prison officer poster on the boards thread) but they are verified by the mods. Enjoy, there's some fascinating reads and some :eek: reads like the guy with 2 penes!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I served Bertie Ahern a pint once, pretty sure that qualifies me as some sort of z lister?! Right guys??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I met Calvin Kline once at the RDS. He said my grandmother and I looked like sisters. I :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: so much that it's probably the reason why I now wear glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I have no link to any celebs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

wyrn wrote: »
    I met Calvin Kline once at the RDS. He said my grandmother and I looked like sisters. I :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: so much that it's probably the reason why I now wear glasses.

I think this gives both you and your granny license to apply for the next series good luck!

neonsofa wrote: »
    I have no link to any celebs :(

I think that means You are the celeb then :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I think that means You are the celeb then :):)

Well if mam says it then it must be true :)

neonsofa wrote: »
    Well if mam says it then it must be true :)

GGeez don't say that, you'll get me shot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I shared a bed with Ian Brown. Well, we were sitting on it, but that doesn’t sound as sexy right. Oh look! A PM! I’m in lads! That was easy!

I shared a bed with Ian Brown. Well, we were sitting on it, but that doesn’t sound as sexy right. Oh look! A PM! I’m in lads! That was easy!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I should jump to the top of the list.

My neighbour growing up was in a famous boyband, and last summer he hugged me.
    I also had a fling with a well known DJ, but I don't kiss and tell.
    And and and Roy Keane had his pic taken with me some years back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I'm a shoe in for CBB.

I once worked with someone who's husband is good friends with Johnny Logan.

Please form an orderly queue and I'll sign autographs. :pac:

Advertisement