Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cert of Identity

• 26-09-2017 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

HI All

Bank have requested a cert of identity before they will release final stage payment for our new build.

Architect says that this is a very unusual requests in his experience - he's only ever had to do 1 in all his 10 years.

He says he will have to obtain a copy of the land registry map for the site, view site works area versus works on site and obtain a confirmation from builder that
    he has carried out all under ground works within the boundaries of the site.

I'm waiting for him to provide a price for all this.

Is this rare for banks to request?
    Is all this info something the Architect should know anyway from numerous site visits throughout the build to confirm items were been doing according to plans/regs?

Cheers

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

its not an unusual request at all..... ???

maybe the architect hasnt certified many new builds in the last 10 years?

i would answer in the positive to you last question, with the proviso to say that maybe the percolation area was certified by a separate individual.... but the location of same should be assessed and agreed with the architect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭rodge123

sydthebeat wrote: »
    its not an unusual request at all..... ???

maybe the architect hasnt certified many new builds in the last 10 years?

i would answer in the positive to you last question, with the proviso to say that maybe the percolation area was certified by a separate individual.... but the location of same should be assessed and agreed with the architect.

That's the thing, he has certified plenty of new builds over the years.
    Bank say it a common request, he says otherwise in his opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

It's very common.

I don't know how your architect has gotten away without doing them.

Anyway - it's not a particularly big deal provided the site was set out right from the start.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

If it's any consolation, I do not now what a cert of identity is? And...I am in practice for 20 years!!! Is it just land registry map?

I see it mentioned recently on BOI mortgage forms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

It's probably more relevant to rural dwellings on individual sites although in theory could/should apply to all dwellings and sites.

It's basically a certificate confirming that the house, services and all elements of the build are within the curtilage of the site on which the mortgage is held. (e.g. you didn't put the septic tank out in the neighbours field.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It's basically a certificate confirming that the house, services and all elements of the build are within the curtilage of the site on which the mortgage is held. (e.g. you didn't put the septic tank out in the neighbours field.)

Ahh....every day is a learning day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

More commonly known as an Opinion of Identity, it's common in rural development sites.

Advertisement