Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Week 4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,397 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watson is looking like the real real deal. I mean I've not seen the whole game but he looks very composed for a rookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

For me, it's the worst Pats D I have ever seen take the field

I heard a stat during the week that if the Pats D kept going the way the were the first 3 weeks that they'd be on track to be one of the worst NFL defence's ever! I cant quote it though, so dont know how much truth there is to it

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Phenomenal how poxy the Lions have been for a couple of seasons

How, exactly?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans have been awful.

No pass rush, no spy on the QB, no competing with the Texans WRs
    Mariota injured on his 2nd TD run, not a good day at the office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Brady is just ridiculous.

Patriots basically have no defense and he's still keeping them in touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Regardless of whether or not the TD stands, Myles Jack seems to be having a bit of a breakout year.

Paully D wrote: »
    Brady is just ridiculous.

Patriots basically have no defense and he's still keeping them in touch.

Well he ain't the greatest of all time for nothing.

The Jets hand the Jags a TD.

50 burger in Houston

I mean fair enough the Titans might not be great but the Texans have dropped a fifty burger.

Stanley now gone off injured for the Ravens. Their injury run is unlike anything I've ever seen before.

• Advertisement

Patriots down by 2 TD's in the 4th quarter, their defense can't stop anything, yet Brady puts together two massive drives including two 4th down conversions and they are now level.

Sigh. So inevitable.

Now for the winning drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Redzone is shaping up to be another cracker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Stupid sexy Brady.

Patriots down by 2 TD's in the 4th quarter, their defense can't stop anything, yet Brady puts together two massive drives including two 4th down conversions and they are now level.

Sigh. So inevitable.

Now for the winning drive.

The throne of ease is still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Jets front office will be raging if they win this. :pac:

Josh McCown has them sorted :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Another ridiculous call on the Pats D, could cost us the game. You could call that penalty on every play, outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Twice today Gilmore has given up good solid defensive plays with a penalty. Him and Butler been terrible today. Big stop wiped out by a stupid penalty. Same sh1t different play. Brady carrying this teams today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Those 2 on Gilmore and the PI on Gronk were as soft as they come..

Hazys wrote: »
    Another ridiculous call on the Pats D, could cost us the game. You could call that penalty on every play, outrageous.

Clear penalty like his first one. You cant put your hand in a WR face and he should know better.

• Advertisement

Those 2 on Gilmore and the PI on Gronk were as soft as they come..

Soft but rules and Gilmore should know better.

Oh FFS Flacco. Wish I could fast forward to 2020.

Lions look great, by all rights the should be 4-0 after last week.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Clear penalty like his first one. You cant put your hand in a WR face and he should know better.

Clear penalty by the book, if so you would have to call holding on every play then.

Gilmore didnt touch his face for more than a half a second in either instance.

Madness in Dallas.

Another garbage call, what was Chung supposed to do?

Clear penalty by the book, if so you would have to call holding on every play then.

Gilmore didnt touch his face for more than a half a second in either instance.

Doesn't matter but he did touch his face and the referee saw it. Discipline is key all day long and you get caught you get caught. There is no need for his hands being in the WR face.

2-2 barring a FG miss.

Another garbage call, what was Chung supposed to do?

What does it matter? Discipline has been sh1t all day. The defense has been sh1t all day and they were still in Gano's range.

Pats deserved every bit of that loss but the referees called 4 very soft penalties. Very soft. Cost Pats the chance to go to OT at the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

His two penalties led to a TD and game winning field goal. Wouldn't be surprised if he isn't on the field next week. Moron.

Jets/Jags going to OT. The Jets should have been out of sight long ago in this game

Giants @ Buccs could be fun. Torrential downpours.

Pats deserved every bit of that loss but the referees called 4 very soft penalties. Very soft. Cost Pats the chance to go to OT at the least.

What exactly is a soft penalty? It is against the rules right? Simple fact is you cannot put your hands in the face of a WR and if the ref sees you and the WR reacts it will be called against you. If it happens once chalk it off and move on. If you do it a second time and cost your team you are a dumb fook. Discipline is key and you got to keep yourself out of anything that could get a flag thrown against you especially with the game on the line. Fans listen to commentators far too much when they use the word soft like it means anything. Ref caught you simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Twice today Gilmore has given up good solid defensive plays with a penalty. Him and Butler been terrible today. Big stop wiped out by a stupid penalty. Same sh1t different play. Brady carrying this teams today.

Brady nearly did it again today. The man must be 40 going on 90 with a shyte defense that only ever makes his job a nightmare. Still can't figure out while we signed Gilmore. That guy showed nothing to justify his money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

injuries or not, great to win in Baltimore. Not a great second half, very conservative, but enough.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    injuries or not, great to win in Baltimore. Not a great second half, very conservative, but enough.

Any given Sunday and all, but still scratching my head how the worst team in NFL beat them last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Paully D wrote:
    Giants @ Buccs could be fun. Torrential downpours.

3+ INTs for both QB's today i'd say.

Punter Bryan Anger might be the difference for Tampa today (not even joking).

Big play from Jizz Rod for the Bucs.

TD Bucs straight after. Mike Evans!

What exactly is a soft penalty? It is against the rules right? Simple fact is you cannot put your hands in the face of a WR and if the ref sees you and the WR reacts it will be called against you. If it happens once chalk it off and move on. If you do it a second time and cost your team you are a dumb fook. Discipline is key and you got to keep yourself out of anything that could get a flag thrown against you especially with the game on the line. Fans listen to commentators far too much when they use the word soft like it means anything. Ref caught you simple as.

You said it was soft, you tell me?

You said it was soft, you tell me?

haha predictable response. I wasn't saying they were soft you and Hazy brought it up I was making a statement to respond to both of you as you and he said soft. I don't see penalties as soft or hard they are just penalties. But you clearly said it was soft and most likely feel like they were soft so why don't you tell us why they were soft?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Any given Sunday and all, but still scratching my head how the worst team in NFL beat them last weekend.

pretty much everything going wrong from Bears first punt to OT winning drive. Missed an early deep throw from Ben for a TD, a punt return fumble to fall 7-0 down, blocked field goal turns into points conceded on HT, then poor offensive play in second half, dreadful run defense in OT drive.

Absolutely everything from start to finish.

haha predictable response. I wasn't saying they were soft you and Hazy brought it up I was making a statement to respond to both of you as you and he said soft. I don't see penalties as soft or hard they are just penalties. But you clearly said it was soft and most likely feel like they were soft so why don't you tell us why they were soft?
    Soft but rules and Gilmore should know better.

What am I missing here?

Jets win in OT Wooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Those goddam Jets

2-2

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Those goddam Jets

2-2

Worst team in football my arse

Always interesting to see how things develop when a tanking team starts winning. Players and coaches with a completely different focus than the front office.

OJ walks one in for the Bucs.

Still miss the XP tho. Bring back Aguayo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

The Giants suck, so bad

What am I missing here?

I just explained why I said that in that same post you just quoted but I am not going to bother with this anymore you clearly think they are soft and don't want to offer up an explanation but would rather deflect it back on me which is fine. That is up to you and tells me everything I need to know. Every one in here who knows me and know how I feel about penalties so have a great rest of your day.

I just explained why I said that in that same post you just quoted but I am not going to bother with this anymore you clearly think they are soft and don't want to offer up an explanation which is fine. That is up to you but every one in here who knows how I posts know how I feel about penalties so have a great rest of your day.

Thanks, enjoy yours too.

The Denver crowd is really something.. Like something you'd see/hear at a Turkish soccer game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement