Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me an SSD

Options
  • 26-09-2017 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I need to upgrade my HDD because the one I have is ridiculously loud!

I honestly don't need much space for now, 300-500gb. Any recommendations on something quiet (set up attached). Also, anything additional I need in order to do the install?

IqGNUk7.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Crucial MX300
    275Gb: €92
    Comes with Acronis TrueImage for moving your data easily.

Just make sure you add an extra SATA cable to your order.
    =======
    Also, all SSDs are quiet, as they have 0 moving parts ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

having purchased a lot of ssds over the years i think you should aim for 500gb rather then having to buy another in a year or 2 time. i bought a load of 120 and 240 gb ssds and now regret it.
    now have a 500gb and 1tb for games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

having purchased a lot of ssds over the years i think you should aim for 500gb rather then having to buy another in a year or 2 time. i bought a load of 120 and 240 gb ssds and now regret it.
    now have a 500gb and 1tb for games

I'd second this. Have a 250GB drive for OS, and 1TB for games.

Wouldn't mind a 512GB drive for OS and stuff, just to have some more room, and 1.5TB for games would be preferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭pmb

Thanks for the advice all, I went with the 525 Crucial MX300

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭pmb

just to update all on this, thanks for the advice.

SSD arrived yesterday and I installed last night - it's like a new machine! The rubbish hitachi drive I had in there is now simply a media drive for photos etc!

• Advertisement
Advertisement