Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Say something controversial ...

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I loose all respect for someone when I find out they believe in god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

pgj2015 wrote: »

They only believe in one more god than you do. Sure it hardly makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

F*** the homeless.

Well they do need jobs......................

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

I cant wait for this referendum business to end....

Head-wreck's can (hopefully) move on and stop trying to direct every conversation toward a new analogy they feel backs up their argument regarding saving or repealing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

I couldn’t give a shįte about all those women who have to travel to the UK for abortions, the journey would sometimes take less than local transport in this kip. Am totally indifferent to the outcome of the referendum as if you really want or have to get an abortion it’s easily done. If abortion is made available here privately you can be sure it will cost far more than in UK and a large cohort will still travel to save a few euros which they can think about spending on contraception.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

People who complain about others being unemployed should be removed from their jobs and forced to live on €188 per week.

people who never contributed anything apart from more children to feed and live parasitically off welfare payments should not be allowed to vote and have a say in how the country is run

get and job and pay income tax or do substantial volunteer work of shut the fcuk up your opinion is not important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

in all cases? its a comfort blanket for some people and it would be cruel to try take it away and not have something solid to replace it with.

i think theres a huge problem with atheism, the journey towards it should be taken alone with a little help, we shouldnt force people into changing their whole concept of reality, that would be cruel.

i think you need to tighten up your respect for people who have witnessed life thru a different lens and walked it in different shoes to you.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    people who never contributed anything apart from more children to feed and live parasitically off welfare payments should not be allowed to vote and have a say in how the country is run

get and job and pay income tax or do substantial volunteer work of shut the fcuk up your opinion is not important

wow thats a bit harsh, they shouldnt be allowed tick a box on a piece of paper every couple of years during a symbolic ceremony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

You should be forced into unemployment. For the sake of your colleagues, if nothing else.

in all cases? its a comfort blanket for some people and it would be cruel to try take it away and not have something solid to replace it with.

i think theres a huge problem with atheism, the journey towards it should be taken alone with a little help, we shouldnt force people into changing their whole concept of reality, that would be cruel.

i think you need to tighten up your respect for people who have witnessed life thru a different lens and walked it in different shoes to you.

I never suggested we do.:confused: I just said i loose all respect for religious people who believe in "god" it does not bother me they believe it, im not a non believer who tries to convert others to my way of thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There's an awful lot of gobsh!tes on Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

After watching that final, Ireland has a very tenuous link to talent, if they are the best acts they’ve had.

And the winners? Splitting the Dublin vote seven ways to one Cork act. That was never going to end well. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 eliterank

I still can't believe its not butter

I never suggested we do.:confused: I just said i loose all respect for religious people who believe in "god" it does not bother me they believe it, im not a non believer who tries to convert others to my way of thinking.
    'loose' is when you dont have a firm grip on something

i find it hard to respect someone who judges others on their beliefs rather than their actions, i can respect a person who believes in a god as long as their actions are good, but there are those who believe in a god and their actions go against their own god, those people deserve no respect

'loose' is when you dont have a firm grip on something

i find it hard to respect someone who judges others on their beliefs rather than their actions, i can respect a person who believes in a god as long as their actions are good, but there are those who believe in a god and their actions go against their own god, those people deserve no respect

This thread = say something controversial, I did...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Sure we could just bring back the workhouses. That'd teach them :rolleyes:

This thread = say something controversial, I did...............
    i know. im just offering a different point of view. i apologise if i seemed harsh

sightband wrote: »
    I couldn’t give a shįte about all those women who have to travel to the UK for abortions, the journey would sometimes take less than local transport in this kip. Am totally indifferent to the outcome of the referendum as if you really want or have to get an abortion it’s easily done. If abortion is made available here privately you can be sure it will cost far more than in UK and a large cohort will still travel to save a few euros which they can think about spending on contraception.

im sure alot of people agree with you but are afraid to say that out loud

i think the 'wellness industry' is mostly full of charlatans,

its a playground for the middle class. there are alot of useful techniques available but they package them up and charge a ridiculously high price for something that was created for good, not profit. i realise people need to earn money, but some of the prices people charge are ridiculous. and alot of the participants are just going thru the motions rather than becoming better people

theres a very popular facebook group that promotes angel readings and psychic courses, along with mindfulness and yoga. i cant take them seriously when they advertise scam artists. i think you can tell if someone is genuine when you look at their costs and when they offer the ability to make a donation/ give discounts depending on your financial situation. ive seen spiritual weekend breaks costs more than nice hotels&leisure activities, and you end up staying in a dorm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

i think the 'wellness industry' is mostly full of charlatans,

its a playground for the middle class. there are alot of useful techniques available but they package them up and charge a ridiculously high price for something that was created for good, not profit. i realise people need to earn money, but some of the prices people charge are ridiculous. and alot of the participants are just going thru the motions rather than becoming better people

theres a very popular facebook group that promotes angel readings and psychic courses, along with mindfulness and yoga. i cant take them seriously when they advertise scam artists. i think you can tell if someone is genuine when you look at their costs and when they offer the ability to make a donation/ give discounts depending on your financial situation. ive seen spiritual weekend breaks costs more than nice hotels&leisure activities, and you end up staying in a dorm.

Fairly certain I was banned from that group for asking why they were asking people to register for a psychic course, surely they'd just know who was going to turn up :p

You should be forced into unemployment. For the sake of your colleagues, if nothing else.

ive been in some form of employment since i was 14 .

there is always a job out there , it may not be a nice job or a good job and it may not pay as much as youd like ,but there is always a job

people who choose to be unemployed are parasitic and deserving of neither pity nor respect because of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

there is always a job out there , it may not be a nice job or a good job and it may not pay as much as youd like ,but there is always a job

people who choose to be unemployed are parasitic and deserving of neither pity nor respect because of it
    Youre the same as myself. Choosing not to work and allow the rest of society to feed, house, clothe and give you pocket money when you are an adult fit to work is a pathetic life choice and there should be a severe stigma attached to it.

Fairly certain I was banned from that group for asking why they were asking people to register for a psychic course, surely they'd just know who was going to turn up :p
    i called them out a few times, the pricks didnt even acknowledge me so i just left the group! im surprised they havent invented a yearly award ceremony for themselves to have a circle jerk

maybe, but i think some businesses are parasitic themselves, they feed off their workers, and get unfair tax breaks

maybe, but i think some businesses are parasitic themselves, they feed off their workers, and get unfair tax breaks

completely different issue

theres bad people every where

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

This is also me. Drop in welfare each year someone is on it. No rewards for having kids while unemployed either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Brexit's not going to happen.

Those in charge are going to dream something up to stop it before it comes to pass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

beans wrote: »
    Brexit's not going to happen.

Those in charge are going to dream something up to stop it before it comes to pass.

Think that was what most hoped for early on, beyond the point of no return now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

sightband wrote: »
    Think that was what most hoped for early on, beyond the point of no return now.

There's some snakey bullship coming, I can smell it...

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

beans wrote: »
    There's some snakey bullship coming, I can smell it...

Course it's not going to happen. As discussed in another thread, it was the first chance the Brits had to actually have their say in a while. Can't allow such notions to fester like they have a choice!

That or it'll be watered down to mean nothing...

• Advertisement
Advertisement