Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Say something controversial ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

huey1975 wrote: »
    Michael Conlon is a boxer. I think you mean Colgan.

Yes. I'd never heard of the bloke, which makes this 'IrishWeinstein' thing even more stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Spending thousands and thousands on a sparkly engagement ring is not only overpriced and mad to a rational person but you also fell for a big marketing campaign that's running for decades.
    The whole wedding industry in general is a huge money racket that is completely crazy to think about from a rational point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

LirW wrote: »
    Spending thousands and thousands on a sparkly engagement ring is not only overpriced and mad to a rational person but you also fell for a big marketing campaign that's running for decades.
    The whole wedding industry in general is a huge money racket that is completely crazy to think about from a rational point of view.
    What does this have to do with world leaders or politicians?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Brian Cowen’s only wage paying job before being elected a TD at age 23/24 was as a barman.
    A fcuking barman ran our country (into the ground).

Yep, beggars belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

grahambo wrote: »
    Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) looks like Phil Collins at some point in their life.

you must have hit that stage recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

The majority of peoples views, values and beliefs differ vastly from they announce publicly.

Ireland is a really great place to live. We're lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The weather is great in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

We should all be paying more income tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Only a gin wanker would say such a thing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Brian Cowen’s only wage paying job before being elected a TD at age 23/24 was as a barman.
    A fcuking barman ran our country (into the ground).

To be fair before he f**ked it all up if you were hiring him to run either your pub or your country you wouldn't let him anywhere near your pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What does this have to do with world leaders or politicians?

They are saying something controversial as per the title of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Absolutely. Either that or just put up with the ****ty public services we have right now and stop all the moaning whining and whinging.
    Also need to introduce a benefits cap to the same end.
    Have as many kids as you like but the taxpayer is only going to foot the bill for 2 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

joeguevara wrote: »
    They are saying something controversial as per the title of the thread.
    ...about a world leader/politician, as per the original post in the thread.
    LordSutch wrote: »
    About a world leader/politician.

I'll kick off.

TRUMP IS A GOD.
    ..well not really, but its a good start :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Patrice Evra should have kicked him harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

My phone's on 15%.

When it reaches 0 I'm going to lie on the railway line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Pherekydes wrote: »
    My phone's on 15%.

When it reaches 0 I'm going to lie on the railway line.

The trains are on strike...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

The US has no choice but to remain the ridiculous gun-toting spaghetti western it is today. There is no combination of gun control laws that can save them now.

The trains are on strike...

That was yesterday. Good to go today.

2%

I'm on my 3rd pint; I might defer...

• Advertisement

Fair City is the greatest Irish show ever

Tayto crisps are manky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

I love canvassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

I came across this advert.
    https://www.myhome.ie/commercial/brochure/st-vincents-church-sundays-well-city-centre-nth-cork-city/3966068

This is a Church which over the past few years has been facing closure due to a lack of priests. It's a huge church.
    What struck me is that this is a property that is near the city centre. So while this vast building lies idle, with it's only purposes being mass said to a dedicated faithful and it's parking spaces leased out, what irked me was seeing the weather turn bad for this forthcoming winter. It makes me think of the many people in Cork City who are forced to sleep rough. If some private company can go charging people to park every month, I think the local government should have the power to seize the church itself. The council can outfit the interior to shelter the homeless. It's a complete waste of space otherwise.

So the catholic church which presumably owns the place complains? Tough. Be honest to the faith you have and help the poor as per that book you read from. Help out with those who need the most help.

So the mass goers complain that their parish church is redundant? Tough. Go to any of the litany of churches in the area, be thankful the less fortunate are taken care of per the faith that makes you go there in the first place.

Locals complain about undesirable people hanging around the area? Tough. Sell your house and fcku off somewhere else if you're too self absorbed to care about a growing local issue.

The government complain that nothing can be done, it's unlawful to seize property? https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/leo-varadkar-says-government-cannot-seize-church-lands-1.3009003
    Tough. When you in time became Taoiseach you can change the law. Do it.

So, prime property is actually put to use, the people who preach compassion are made to show compassion, the people who are looking for work get some by retrofitting large properties, and those who are most vulnerable are at a very minimum sheltered and given the dignity of a roof over their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

smilerf wrote: »
    For the wrestling fans among us.

Ric Flair is way overrated.
    He wrestled wrestlers who made him look good such as steamboat race rhodes

Yeah was never the most versatile of workers. Had the same match over and over again during his prime.

His charisma and excellent promo ability got him over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Conor McGregor isn't racist or homophobic. He's a guy with a bit of a mouth on him and a lack of cop-on in that regard, but he doesn't deserve the lynch mob attack he received for those remarks.

He's done well for himself out of sheer hard work, and he's inspirational to a lot of people. He needs a bit of schooling on being more PC, but nothing pisses me off more than begrudgery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

valoren wrote: »
    https://www.myhome.ie/commercial/brochure/st-vincents-church-sundays-well-city-centre-nth-cork-city/3966068

This is a Church which over the past few years has been facing closure due to a lack of priests. It's a huge church.
    What struck me is that this is a property that is near the city centre. So while this vast building lies idle, with it's only purposes being mass said to a dedicated faithful and it's parking spaces leased out, what irked me was seeing the weather turn bad for this forthcoming winter. It makes me think of the many people in Cork City who are forced to sleep rough. If some private company can go charging people to park every month, I think the local government should have the power to seize the church itself. The council can outfit the interior to shelter the homeless. It's a complete waste of space otherwise.

So the catholic church which presumably owns the place complains? Tough. Be honest to the faith you have and help the poor as per that book you read from. Help out with those who need the most help.

So the mass goers complain that their parish church is redundant? Tough. Go to any of the litany of churches in the area, be thankful the less fortunate are taken care of per the faith that makes you go there in the first place.

Locals complain about undesirable people hanging around the area? Tough. Sell your house and fcku off somewhere else if you're too self absorbed to care about a growing local issue.

The government complain that nothing can be done, it's unlawful to seize property? https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/leo-varadkar-says-government-cannot-seize-church-lands-1.3009003

So, prime property is actually put to use, the people who preach compassion are made to show compassion, the people who are looking for work get some by retrofitting large properties, and those who are most vulnerable are at a very minimum sheltered and given the dignity of a roof over their heads.

the majority of adults who are homeless are not blameless for the situation the find themselves in.

addicts dole monkeys laziness sloth stupidity contribute and result in these peoples children being homeless along with them,
    many of these people want and expect that some one else will provide for them their whole lives and contribute nothing to the world .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

What were Hitlers good Points ?

He had to have some hadn’t he ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

blinding wrote: »

Say something controversial... Not, ask questions...

• Advertisement

Enda Kenny was a great Taoiseach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

You got a spare bedroom?

You got a spare bedroom?

No. But if I happened to own a large house that happened to be empty you'd be free to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

A woman’s place is in the kitchen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Cmon, Jaysus I was joking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't know if it counts but shootings in the US now hold the same weight/shock value as bombs that go off in random middle east countries. Barely registers, if at all, anymore for me.

If someone can go into a school over there and shoot 20 senior infants dead, and nothing changes, even a little? Then leave them off, they're a lost cause of a country when it comes to that stuff so no point wringing hands with thought and prayers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I'm sorry for them and everything, but

The Stardust families need to let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

No. But if I happened to own a large house that happened to be empty you'd be free to use it.

I wasn’t really looking out for me. You got a sofa bed?

Boarding school is beneficial for children under the age of 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I'm sorry for them and everything, but

The Stardust families need to let it go.

There a line between controversial and ignorant nasty insensitivity. It’s behind you.

I wasn’t really looking out for me. You got a sofa bed?

There's a floor. And a not very comfortable couch.

• Advertisement

There is no God

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

valoren, I can only assume that you are making some kind of elaborate joke.

"Government should be able to seize a building if it's empty"... are you completely off your rocker.

People should be able to express their beliefs of compassion without being forced to give up property. That has to be one of the dumbest posts I have seen in a long time on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

He killed hitler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

jimboblep wrote: »
    He killed hitler

He poisoned him and shot him. Wanted to make sure the bastard died.

And burnt his body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

The moon is a balloon!

The thousands of homes lying idle outside Dublin which could be brought up to standard and used by local authorities much quicker and more economically than Dublin City Council would ever have the will to do, should be offered to families in Dublin.

If they refuse, they will deserve zero sympathy for choosing to remain homeless or on the housing list in Dublin. As many of us are from families where we all were uprooted from schools and community when a parent moved jobs, we did it because we had to. If these people reject a free home outside Dublin, let them stay homeless/on the housing list in Dublin forever, the delusional entitled pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

He kept the electrical bill low by using gas and he gave us the Volkswagen beetle but other than ruining a name and moustache for everyone he wasn't that bad. If he wasn't the head of the Nazis he would have made a good exterminator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

We should have the death penalty here for Murders and suspended sentences should be outlawed for violent crimes and sexual assaults

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yes......hence why I said the death penalty

• Advertisement
Advertisement