Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about my situation help appreciated

Options
  • 26-09-2017 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All,

Very long story short landlord is a dick, demanding things rudely, treating us like we are peasents, being patronizing etc.

We all have a seperate lease for our rooms with the landlord individually. One person is moving out soon and I would like to take her room (we are paying the same in rent). I am nearly certain the landlord will make me "bid" for the room etc etc tons of shenanigans just to try get as much as possible. Does the 4% max rent raise apply here? If he denies me the room and puts it on daft for more than 4% of its current price can I report him for it?

How would you approach this situation?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Does the Landlord know exactly who is in each room - are the rooms numbered separately with the room number specified on the lease?
    If not, can you do a simple swap just before she moves out and present your room as the vacant room?
    If the rooms are numbered and leased separately, I'd think that the LL is entitled to do what he/she likes - a new tenant = new lease, so he can charge what he wants for the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Do you live in a rent pressure zone?

https://www.rtb.ie/rent-pressure-zones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Before the girl was moving out you were ok or even happy with the room, I'd leave it alone. Best case they up her rent by 4% and you pay that then they up yours by 4% and the LL gets that from the new tenant you may be able to see it to them that ways but is it worth the hassle and stress.

Advertisement