Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir wont ket me out of efibre contract without prnalty

Options
  • 26-09-2017 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Was advised of price increases last week on my contract and if I didnt agree i could withdraw without penalty. I successfully cancelled eir tv, home phone, and all but 1 mobile number which i moved to sim only from billpay. The Eir rep advised I could switch broadband anytime up until the 19th October.

Today I tried to switch and was told by another Eir rep that when I moved the mobile to sim only i automatically re contracted broad band for 18th months and Id have to pay a get out charge of 150€!!! At no point was I advised on the phone of this recontracting. In fact I was told I could switch anytime penalty free up until the 19th October. I have asked the manager at the call centre to review their tapes and get back to me.

At this point im so annoyed i feel like cancelling my direct debit and not giving eir another penny but i know if i do this they wont release the uan. But if i stay i miss out on cheaper offers with no fair usage policy from other providers like sky. Im not ponying up the 150€ to move and Hopefully things will go my way but its such a waste of energy having to deal with this. I expect a letter to Comreg will be next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

You should call them again and ask to cancel under the 14 day cooling-off period which applies to all off-premises (not in an eir store) purchases of goods or services.
    More info here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Cheers, will get on to them in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Flaccus wrote: »
    Was advised of price increases last week on my contract and if I didnt agree i could withdraw without penalty. I successfully cancelled eir tv, home phone, and all but 1 mobile number which i moved to sim only from billpay. The Eir rep advised I could switch broadband anytime up until the 19th October.  

Today I tried to switch and was told by another Eir rep that when I moved the mobile to sim only i automatically re contracted broad band for 18th months and Id have to pay a get out charge of 150€!!! At no point was I advised on the phone of this recontracting. In fact I was told I could switch anytime penalty free up until the 19th October. I have asked the manager at the call centre to review their tapes and get back to me.

At this point im so annoyed i feel like cancelling my direct debit and not giving eir another penny but i know if i do this they wont release the uan. But if i stay i miss out on cheaper offers with no fair usage policy from other providers like sky.  Im not ponying up the 150€ to move and Hopefully things will go my way but its such a waste of energy having to deal with this.  I expect a letter to Comreg will be next.
    Hi Flaccus,

Can you send me a PM containing your account number and full name so I can look into this for you please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

eir: Adam wrote: »

At this point im so annoyed i feel like cancelling my direct debit and not giving eir another penny but i know if i do this they wont release the uan. But if i stay i miss out on cheaper offers with no fair usage policy from other providers like sky.  Im not ponying up the 150€ to move and Hopefully things will go my way but its such a waste of energy having to deal with this.  I expect a letter to Comreg will be next.
    Hi Flaccus,

Can you send me a PM containing your account number and full name so I can look into this for you please?

- Adam

Hi Adam,
    I rang Eir this morning and they let me out of my broadband contract so I can switch. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi Flaccus,

- Adam

Hi Adam,
    I rang Eir this morning and they let me out of my broadband contract so I can switch.  Thanks.
    Hi there Flaccus

Thank you so much for letting us know.

Really appreicate it.

-Kyle

• Advertisement
Advertisement