Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Examination is it mandatory?

• 26-09-2017 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I am about to look for a job (IT) and the I have few questions about pre-employment medical examination!
    1. If you refuse it is there a chance to still get the job?
    2. Are all companies required to do it?
    3. If I sign onto Jobseeker Allowance will refusal to undertake medical examination result in termination of JA?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Give it a month or so and the weed will be clear from your system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Hi,

I am about to look for a job (IT) and the I have few questions about pre-employment medical examination!
    1. If you refuse it is there a chance to still get the job?
    2. Are all companies required to do it?
    3. If I sign onto Jobseeker Allowance will refusal to undertake medical examination result in termination of JA?

1. Your refusal will indicate that you have something to hide. Employers would baulk at that.

2. It is not mandatory. Some companies will have it. Some companies won't.

My last medical examination did not have a blood or urine test. I'd expect that certain jobs would require more detailed tests, especially those with a public safety aspect.

My test was simply:

Blood pressure, heart beat, lift a simple object, eye test. It was easy. Not CSI

3. Can't comment

Advertisement