Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No option to register additional account online

Options
  • 26-09-2017 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi,

The instructions from here indicate I can easily register an additional account to my online account.

However, this second option: ''Go to the Account Query section and select "Register Additional Account" from the drop-down menu'' is nowhere to be found.

I go to Account Query, but there is no drop-down menu available anywhere.

Could you please explain me where this option is exactly?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Keimps,

We regret any confusion.

You will need to click on 'Contact Us'. You will then see an online form with a drop down menu. You will be able to select register additional account there.

The website has been updated recently.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Keimps

Hi Keimps,

We regret any confusion.

You will need to click on 'Contact Us'. You will then see an online form with a drop down menu. You will be able to select register additional account there.

The website has been updated recently.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife
    Thank you for your reply Aoife,

That indeed allow me to submit the query. For some reason it doesn't allow me to send the request though. I am getting an error:

[font=Helvetica, Arial, "Arial Narrow", sans-serif]Sorry there has been an error. Please try again in a few moments.[/font]

I've tried multiple times since this morning but it keeps on coming back with this error. 

Perhaps it's related to my account. When I try to register my new account with a new email address it basically gives me an error message ''[font=Helvetica, Arial, "Arial Narrow", sans-serif]Registration is not possible because this Account Number has already been registered by another customer[/font].''.

All I want to do is to be able to view my bills. When I log in with my email address, it loads up my old address, which has been closed for almost 2 years now. I can't register my new account because of the mentioned error above, nor can I add that one to my current login details.

Could you please advise what the best way to proceed would be for me in my current situation?

many thanks.

Keimpe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Hi Keimps,[/font]

Thank you for getting back to us.

We need you to please send us a private message with the following details:

- Your name (as it appears on your Electric Ireland account)
    - Your account number
    - Your date of birth or contact number
    - Your email address
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

We can then check your account.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Advertisement