Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal email with read reciept functionality

Options
  • 26-09-2017 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,

Does anyone know which email provider gives the option of a read reciept to be sent from a personal email?? I set up a gmail A/C and found out they do not give you the option.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

Outlook.com allows you to request read receipts.

you do know the recipient email server chooses where or not to send a receipt, so its not fool proof, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Isityourself

Hi Op

Outlook.com allows you to request read receipts.

you do know the recipient email server chooses where or not to send a receipt, so its not fool proof, yes?

Yes i know that but u automatically will get a delivery receipt if requested. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Isityourself

Ive just got back to this problem and there doesn't seem to be an option in outlook.com either unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hi all,

Does anyone know which email provider gives the option of a read reciept to be sent from a personal email?? I set up a gmail A/C and found out they do not give you the option.

TIA

I send an email, which has a 'read receipt request' in the email.
    The recipient can choose to send that receipt or not, depending on the settings of the e-mail app they use to view that email.

As you mention 'email provider', I expect you mean if this same function can be activated when using webmail.
    I have seen no settings in my gmail account itself to control such receipts.

I use Thunderbird as my email client and can control those functions from its account settings, regardless the account being gmail, or eir or other.

So even if your account sent a 'read request response' the recipient might not allow one to be sent.

TBH, I never considered receipts for webmail as I rarely use it.

EDIT: Pay for the privilege

https://www.contactmonkey.com/gmail-read-receipts

:(

Advertisement