Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland tops for food security!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Then why did my local chippy run out of chips on Christmas eve can ya tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Ireland's tops in its class. The UK is no thick either.

If you know then you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I find this news reassuring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What are you doing starting a thread with a positive spin on Ireland? That'll not how it works here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I read today that we have the third highest increasing house prices. I think we need to work harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

What are you doing starting a thread with a positive spin on Ireland? That'll not how it works here.

Ah c'mon Sram, positivity isn't really your forte either now, is it? :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hammer89 wrote: »
    The UK is no thick either./QUOTE]WTF ?

UK imports 40% of it's food and there's the whole Foot and Mouth debacle. And Brexit means they have just made a little more difficult for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Mainly because the ratio of arable land to people in Ireland is very small. If we reduced our dependence on livestock, Ireland could easily feed a population of 30 million without importing any food.

Advertisement