Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I HATE the winter.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

If you were anywhere Cork this morning, you would have really hated it, it was pouring rain! Still we had a good summer... at least it's not too cold yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I love the dry, calm but cold days in the winter. Go for weekends spins - nothing too strenuous, just keep tipping away.

Might do some canal and mountain biking this winter to mix things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Doc07

Miklos wrote: »
    I don't mind the winter.. crisp, steady miles, mudguards on and off ya go. I've just got my winter bike sorted out, can't wait to get out on it!

Nice bike. Must put my own mudguards back on, planning to commute by bike 3/5 days this winter......now I have a sudden desire for champagne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

I'll keep up the daily 30km commute - only thing that stops that is a really icy/snowy morning. (2-3 this year so far!) Weekend spins will be curtailed to allow for studying/watching No.1 son's rugby matches. Try to average about 220kms per week through the winter months.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've got myself some excellent winter gear over the last year including some cycling boots that should keep feet warm and dry.

I'll stick to the tourer or CX bike and slow down. A pannier with some hit coffee and a thermos with soup might accompany me in the loblnger days.

turbo to be used mon-fri or on the dangerous days.

I'll enjoy the days off a bit more too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Bought merino tights/long johns and a merino base layer in aldi this morning.

All set, bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Have to every day have no car and do it now for 4 years and have no problems with it
    Just use the right clothes specially in Wintertime so they see you

Advertisement