Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want my number back

Options
  • 26-09-2017 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

I moved to eir on the 8th September and moved my broadband, landline and a mobile to eir.

So far, despite numerous calls, my numbers have still not been brought across.

Initially I was told Vodafone wouldn’t release my number, which was flatly denied by Voda. A week ago I was told it was resolved and being escalated. Nothing has happened yet.

I’m still waiting for my mobile number to be ported and so I’m effectively being charged for two mobiles and a landline no one knows the number for. The fact this has been set up as a business number is just adding to the frustration.

I have just received my first bill, can you give me one good reason why I should pay this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I moved to eir on the 8th September and moved my broadband, landline and a mobile to eir.

So far, despite numerous calls, my numbers have still not been brought across.

Initially I was told Vodafone wouldn’t release my number, which was flatly denied by Voda. A week ago I was told it was resolved and being escalated. Nothing has happened yet.

I’m still waiting for my mobile number to be ported and so I’m effectively being charged for two mobiles and a landline no one knows the number for. The fact this has been set up as a business number is just adding to the frustration.

I have just received my first bill, can you give me one good reason why I should pay this?
    Hi Fratton Fred, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

well this thread seems to be a complete waste of time:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I have the same situation with eir and in fact they have now completely cancelled the number I wanted moved and screwed up the bill plan.

Seems to be unless you make a formal complaint via email or registered letter (which takes 48 hours to get a response but not holding my breath) then next recourse is comreg.

Hope you have more success than me getting some sort of response here

samo wrote: »

I have the same situation with eir and in fact they have now completely cancelled the number I wanted moved and screwed up the bill plan.

Seems to be unless you make a formal complaint via email or registered letter (which takes 48 hours to get a response but not holding my breath) then next recourse is comreg.

I am getting to the point of despair with this. I have spent what seems like hours on the phone to eir trying to get my numbers sorted out. I feel like I have no choice now but to cancel everything I have with eir (which includes three legacy meteor phones) and move the whole lot to Vodafone. 

Customer care at eir is pretty much non existent.

samo wrote: »

I am getting to the point of despair with this. I have spent what seems like hours on the phone to eir trying to get my numbers sorted out. I feel like I have no choice now but to cancel everything I have with eir (which includes three legacy meteor phones) and move the whole lot to Vodafone. 

Customer care at eir is pretty much non existent.
    I've responded to you through PM's there now Fratton Fred. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Thanks Tracey,

It appears all issues are now sorted.

Thank you

Thanks Tracey,

It appears all issues are now sorted.

Thank you
    That's great to hear. If you've any further issues please don't hesitate in coming back to me. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement