Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I dead?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Was hoping someone would post with personal experience of coma / near-death. Thx 1874. More info for me to take onboard.

Hey, Tigger, was the number you were thinking of 1874?

I was in a coma a few years ago (induced due to brain infection) I don't remember any of it so I'm not help to you at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

1874 wrote:
    ... If someone is in a coma and living in some dream like state, then there is no means by which they could communicate with anyone outside that....

How do I know you are outside my coma / dream? I could be dreaming that you answered my post. It's just txt on a screen to me.

hairyslug wrote:
    I was in a coma a few years ago (induced due to brain infection) I don't remember any of it so I'm not help to you at all

Actually, this is very helpful. Thx HS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So wait... you're dead and I'M the best you could come up with?

Try harder mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

If you're dead and I'm a figment of your imagination, would mind imagining Jennifer Laurence in bed with me... pretty please.

Done.

Let me know how it goes.

Afterall, you are me!

No joy,

Damn, you are alive! :)

Damn, you are alive!

Well, that proves it so....lol

MrVestek wrote:
    So wait... you're dead and I'M the best you could come up with?

I can imagine all sorts....from fabulous to grunge and everything in between ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,444 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

When I was an inexperienced driver many years ago, on a night drive from Dublin to Cork, I overtook a truck. It seemed safe, but the lights in the distance (another truck) approached quicker than I judged. I barely made it back to my own side of the road. Really, there was only inches in it, and lots of horns being blown. The more I think about it, the more I think that I didnt make it that night. Did I die?

Is everything since then a figment of my own mind? Like Lost? Or am I in a coma? You know the way dreams can seem so real and time passes differently.

So, am I dead?

I am aware that if I am dead / coma / Lost, then all the replies from AH will actually be coming from from my own subconscious. I did think that because of this (answers coming from myself) that I would ask complicated Qs that I could not know the answer to (like quantum physics, or Venezulan coffee markets) and then Google the answer... But, my brain would be providing the Google answer too! How could I ever trust any answer (or AH post) if everything comes from my own brain?

So, lets reverse that. If everything comes from me, then one of you out there will be able to tell me something about myself that no other person on the planet could know. It would be like my subconscious was trying to tell me I am, in fact, dead. If no one can do this, then maybe I am alive, and all the weird things that have happened to me are just flukes and chance.

So tell me what you know, or is there another way to know for sure?

Pinch yourself on the finger, foot or the Penis,Vagina depending on which you have or had if you want to feel it more to find out but I would say since you are posting here you are alive unless you are a ghost that can access items in the living world.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Well OP,

You are probably existing, but not living

• Advertisement
Advertisement