Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unable to complete cancellation calls.

Options
  • 26-09-2017 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

my brother doesnt have a boards login, so I'm asking on his behalf - he has sent an email to eir

he signed up for a mobile-landline-broadband bundle 14 days ago today(tuesday) in the local eir shop. the technician from kn networks contacted him to do the install yesterday(monday), but when he arrived he said the property is too far from the nearest town to get the broadband - the technician says this happens regularly although the shop told him it was possible. the cost of the mobile and landline are not competitive without the broadband

he called the shop to cancel yesterday afternoon, they said to call 1901. He did and was on hold for 35 Minutes+, then got through to an operator and explained the case, and was put back on hold and then the call disconnected! Customer service?

the same thing happened twice today, on hold then through to someone then the call drops! there is not even a call back option. 

So is it just very poor service? or does eir leave the install so late (the 13th day of the cooling off) that you're stuck with part of the bundle even if the broadband does not work?

He wants a callback from eir, please pm for the contact details

marzic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

marzic wrote: »
    my brother doesnt have a boards login, so I'm asking on his behalf - he has sent an email to eir

he signed up for a mobile-landline-broadband bundle 14 days ago today(tuesday) in the local eir shop. the technician from kn networks contacted him to do the install yesterday(monday), but when he arrived he said the property is too far from the nearest town to get the broadband - the technician says this happens regularly although the shop told him it was possible. the cost of the mobile and landline are not competitive without the broadband

he called the shop to cancel yesterday afternoon, they said to call 1901. He did and was on hold for 35 Minutes+, then got through to an operator and explained the case, and was put back on hold and then the call disconnected! Customer service?

the same thing happened twice today, on hold then through to someone then the call drops! there is not even a call back option. 

So is it just very poor service? or does eir leave the install so late (the 13th day of the cooling off) that you're stuck with part of the bundle even if the broadband does not work?

marzic
    Hi marzic,

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues your brother has had with his broadband order and with cancelling this order. I'm afraid I'd be unable to arrange a callback or cancel this order from here. He would be required to give us another ring on 1901 to arrange this. I understand that he has done this previously and the calls have dropped. This shouldn't happen and I will pass this feedback on to the relevant department.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

marzic wrote: »

marzic
    Hi marzic, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm sorry to hear this and for the experience you had in getting through to us. 

I'm afraid we don't arrange callbacks from here, however, Feel free to PM me the account details and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement