Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice for house alarm- which system and cost

Options
  • 26-09-2017 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

I am looking for advice for a house alarm and which system to get.The house is built already.

What systems are available and what is the best and what cost?
    Who do I need to get to install it - would an electrician do?

I need advice on what I should get. Do I need a sensors on the windows or would sensors in the room just work? Would there be much of a difference in price? What would be the cost per room

If the alarm goes off I would like to be notified either by text or phone call or via an app - How reliable is this and how much would this cost.?

Seperately , I would also like to have a camera system that I can look at remotely on my phone - How much would this cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi my advice would be look at GSD or Siemens Vanderbilt. These give you options for free apps & notifications if using your own broadband connection.
    They also have cheaper options if you require GSM/GPRS back up to this connection.
    You will need to employ a PSA licenced installer. It is illegal for you to employ an electrician unless he is PSA licenced. Its also illegal for him to carry out this work.
    As a minimum you need shock sensors & contacts on all ground floor & accessible points of entry along with 1 or 2 internal PiR motion detectors.

Advertisement