Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninsured disqualified driver v uninsured disqualified driver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Disqualified for 6 years for driving without insurance or licence ? She must have alot of previous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Different judges
    Some differ McD innoutcomes

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

first offence versus most definitely not her first offence as she looking for "one more chance".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

first offence versus most definitely not her first offence as she looking for "one more chance".

Not mentioned in the court report, something like that would be mentioned by the court reporter. Unlikely to be the case.

Just looking at the report from Jason Byrne's is disgraceful, the fact he was driving while disqualified was only 'taken into consideration', which basically means the court takes a note of it and won't be doing anything about it. Why have the penalty point system? Why have a driving test at all then if that is the only punishment for going around it

Not mentioned in the court report, something like that would be mentioned by the court reporter. Unlikely to be the case.

Just looking at the report from Jason Byrne's is disgraceful, the fact he was driving while disqualified was only 'taken into consideration', which basically means the court takes a note of it and won't be doing anything about it. Why have the penalty point system? Why have a driving test at all then if that is the only punishment for going around it

she asked for a "last chance". she was disqualified for 6 years. Not forgetting the custodial sentence. that is enough to tell you it wasnt her first offence.

• Advertisement

she asked for a "last chance". she was disqualified for 6 years. Not forgetting the custodial sentence. that is enough to tell you it wasnt her first offence.

So no licence and no insurance is ok if it's a first offence? Do we all have this 'life' if we drive while disqualified?

So no licence and no insurance is ok if it's a first offence? Do we all have this 'life' if we drive while disqualified?

nobody said it was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

You could be sure as hell if my tacho wasn't in order i'd be thrown to the wolves.

The imbalance of justice in the road traffic system is very obvious.

Why didn't he get a taxi?

He's not short in the first place and secondly a taxi wouldn't have cost him €500 return.

He isn't the only parent in Ireland with a child in a school on a dangerous road.

His 'celebrity' status is probably what saved him.

Garda cooperation or not that isn't a reason for leniency .

You could be sure if he was 'Joe Bloggs' he'd have gotten a ban.

I've never heard of someone before getting caught driving while disqualified not getting a further disqualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Wonder what Byrne got the 13 points for. Sounds like a reckless motorist tbh. Kid might be off not in the car with him in any case.

Wonder what Byrne got the 13 points for. Sounds like a reckless motorist tbh. Kid might be off not in the car with him in any case.

it was mentioned in the article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

You could be sure as hell if my tacho wasn't in order i'd be thrown to the wolves.

The imbalance of justice in the road traffic system is very obvious.

Why didn't he get a taxi?

He's not short in the first place and secondly a taxi wouldn't have cost him €500 return.

He isn't the only parent in Ireland with a child in a school on a dangerous road.

His 'celebrity' status is probably what saved him.

Garda cooperation or not that isn't a reason for leniency .

You could be sure if he was 'Joe Bloggs' he'd have gotten a ban.

I've never heard of someone before getting caught driving while disqualified not getting a further disqualification.

I've watched that stop search and seize program.
    And when a trucker has something up with his tacho they pounce and wanna send them to the joy for it.
    But yet plenty people I've heard with nothing on there cars get a slap on the wrist.
    "Ah poor Jimmy, its only his 7th time in court,let's give him another chance".

honda boi wrote: »
    I've watched that stop search and seize program.
    And when a trucker has something up with his tacho they pounce and wanna send them to the joy for it.
    But yet plenty people I've heard with nothing on there cars get a slap on the wrist.
    "Ah poor Jimmy, its only his 7th time in court,let's give him another chance".

Spot on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I remember hearing about some knacker in her early 20s who was drunk at a party threatening to assualt people, I think she might have assaulted the Gardai at the scene, but the court was lenient on her because she had a kid and this troubled life crap, she had something like 80 previous convictions!!! It's a joke. Same with the drivers on the Garda Twitter. It's good to see they're getting caught, fined, cars seized etc but they'll be back on the roads as always.

A troubled life isn't an excuse. These people don't help themselves so we shouldn't help them, it's nobody elses problem.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I remember hearing about some knacker in her early 20s who was drunk at a party threatening to assualt people, I think she might have assaulted the Gardai at the scene, but the court was lenient on her because she had a kid and this troubled life crap, she had something like 80 previous convictions!!! It's a joke. Same with the drivers on the Garda Twitter. It's good to see they're getting caught, fined, cars seized etc but they'll be back on the roads as always.

A troubled life isn't an excuse. These people don't help themselves so we shouldn't help them, it's nobody elses problem.

No issues with any of that. But why was Jason Byrne treated differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

DaveyDave wrote: »

If you,ve had a 'bad' upbringing or rich your Probaly grand going to court.
    But for the average joe trying to keep a roof over his families head will probaly get screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

You could be sure as hell if my tacho wasn't in order i'd be thrown to the wolves

Not meaning to derail the thread, but my French housemate a few years ago was always amazed that he had to work much more hours than a truck driver or a pilot was allowed to drive.

I told him he'd only kill one person if he screwed up. He's a surgeon. A shoulder surgeon, so he'd only screw up one persons shoulder. Every time :pac:

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Not meaning to derail the thread, but my French housemate a few years ago was always amazed that he had to work much more hours than a truck driver or a pilot was allowed to drive.

I told him he'd only kill one person if he screwed up. He's a surgeon. A shoulder surgeon, so he'd only screw up one persons shoulder. Every time :pac:

Doctors/Surgeons/Medical professionals are far better paid than us.

They play an important role though, much more than me dragging goods around the country.

You're right about the one person at a time though :pac:

Doctors/Surgeons/Medical professionals are far better paid than us.

They play an important role though, much more than me dragging goods around the country.

You're right about the one person at a time though :pac:

Ah hear... I feel like I just demeaned your job now. :(

We all really appreciate you dragging our sheet up and down the country!

*makes that heart shape with hands against a setting sunset on a beach that's all so popular on FB and twitter... for all truck drivers!

Ah hear... I feel like I just demeaned your job now. :(

We all really appreciate you dragging our sheet up and down the country!

*makes that heart shape with hands against a setting sunset on a beach that's all so popular on FB and twitter... for all truck drivers!

Don't worry, be happy :D

I know every boardsie can't live their daily life without using something dragged around by us truckers :)

It's all good my man ;)

Don't worry, be happy :D

I know every boardsie can't live their daily life without using something dragged around by us truckers :)

It's all good my man ;)

Including the surgeons/doctors/medical practitioners.

Let's here it for the Truck Drivers!!!

We'll get a *edit MOTEL* room now! (before the usual smartarse gets there before me)

• Advertisement

Including the surgeons/doctors/medical practitioners.

Let's here it for the Truck Drivers!!!

We'll get a *edit MOTEL* room now! (before the usual smartarse gets there before me)

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement