Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account from abroad v2

Options
  • 27-09-2017 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hello,
    I've already posted this but it seems it's impossible to do so. 
    So, things that I've done:

- Using online form with no success
    - Calling the branch directly, tried 3 times, waited more than 7 minutes, then they just hang up
    - sent a letter (like I was told) using registered mail, but I have not received any answer and the account is still active.

Now, what's left to do? Lawsuit? Please contact me via pm and sort this out, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

bahamut88 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I've already posted this but it seems it's impossible to do so. 
    So, things that I've done:

- Using online form with no success
    - Calling the branch directly, tried 3 times, waited more than 7 minutes, then they just hang up
    - sent a letter (like I was told) using registered mail, but I have not received any answer and the account is still active.

Now, what's left to do? Lawsuit? Please contact me via pm and sort this out, thanks.

Hi bahamut88,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards and very sorry to hear this.

Can I ask if you've got any message back from us when you requested to close your account online? and also when did you send the written letter requesting to close your account and did you give a contact phone number and a signature for yourself on this letter?

Thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭bahamut88

Hi Darren,
    when I first tried to close online I had received a message saying that there was a discrepancy with some data, which I can only assume it was related to my old Irish mobile which now it doesn't exist anymore. So, I posted here and they said to send a letter to the branch, which was done over a month ago. I included all my updated details, phone, email and new address and even the new bank account to transfer the small amount I have on it. I haven't hear from them ever since. 

My card is due for renewal, I swear, if it gets send to my old address and someone starts using it I don't know what can happen since I'm trying in every possible way since 3 months to close this account. Please, look into it, if you need id or anything else, send me a pm.

Hi Darren,
    when I first tried to close online I had received a message saying that there was a discrepancy with some data, which I can only assume it was related to my old Irish mobile which now it doesn't exist anymore. So, I posted here and they said to send a letter to the branch, which was done over a month ago. I included all my updated details, phone, email and new address and even the new bank account to transfer the small amount I have on it. I haven't hear from them ever since. 

My card is due for renewal, I swear, if it gets send to my old address and someone starts using it I don't know what can happen since I'm trying in every possible way since 3 months to close this account. Please, look into it, if you need id or anything else, send me a pm.

Thanks for getting back to me.
    Can I ask you to send us a PM so I can get some more information in relation to your request.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hi Darren, I'm trying but:

Bank of Ireland: Darren has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.<br /> <br /> If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Darren from the recipient list and send the message again.

Hi Darren, I'm trying but:

Bank of Ireland: Darren has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.<br /> <br /> If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Darren from the recipient list and send the message again.

Hi bahamut88,

Thanks for getting back to us here can I ask if you have attempted to send this message through the link given at the end of any of my messages on this thread.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement

Hi Darren, I'm sorry, I don't see any link. I clicked on your profile and tried to send a pm. Where is the link?

Hi Darren, I'm sorry, I don't see any link. I clicked on your profile and tried to send a pm. Where is the link?

There should be a link underneath all my messages that says.

"Please click here if requested to send a Private message"

Thanks again,
    Darren.

I don't see it, can't you send me a pm and I can reply?

I don't see it, can't you send me a pm and I can reply?

Hi there,

I've sent you a PM to you there. You may need to change your Boards settings so that you can view the links. But you should be able to reply directly to the PM I've sent you.

Thanks,
    Darren.

Sorry for the delay, I've replied to your message. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the delay, I've replied to your message. Thanks.

Brilliant, thanks for that.

Darren.

Advertisement